Post Your Inappropriate Landings

I’ve reached Andorra in my round-the-world-in-alphabetical order flight (you can read about it here) and of course, there are no runways…

So I decided to improvise in a couple of highly inappropriate spots. Getting in the air again over those trees and around the pylons by the football pitches was…hazardous…

2 Likes

I’m just going to leave this here

6 Likes

The Portland IKEA’s roof makes an acceptable ultralight base in a pinch!

3 Likes

Wow, a giant outdoor curling rink!

I had to put on the Seminole music as appropriate motivation to stick the landing.

Start at 20:15

2 Likes

@JoylessTunic738 LOL :joy: (they didn’t play for years there…)

Galapagos Islands, landed on the beach near Isabela Airport

(revisit the place next day, Hotfix 2 applied, Ultra

3 Likes

Run Baby Run…

1 Like

I love missing these landing challenges… put C172 down a few miles down stream…

Failed. Sure :yum:

2 Likes

First landing didn’t go exactly as planned, I’m glad this is a simulation :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

I managed to land in a 100kt crosswind after only 4 attempts😂

4 Likes

That’s not so much go around, as go away! :rofl:

I don’t think you showed you weather config, but to obtain 100kts at the surface you would have needed to configure 200kts, as the sim halves that at the ground.

2 Likes

Looks like a @swiss001 video :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Yes :joy:
Thank you, I didn’t know it halfed it. Maybe that’s why it was a bit too easy😂

1 Like

Ah yes, like his old videos

I climbed Mt. Fuji when I was 25. That looks like one of the way stations.

It’s the last one when you reach the top, where all the shops are past the final Tori gate.

Tokyo083

1. Ages ago. Great memories of Japan.
1 Like

I got to the top just as sunrise came. Very happy with myself, especially after passing the sign saying ‘don’t climb fatigued’ and knowing that I hadn’t slept for 4 days already! :rofl:
I’d got on the train to get to Fuji, and managed to get on the opposing direction, so got all the way to the end of the line before realising my error! All the way back I went. Started climbing about 8pm with MANY ramen stops on the way up overnight!
Massive dejavu arriving at the top, like I’d been there before. I jest felt that there was going to be a big weather station on the other side, and looked up, and there it was!
Gambate! Myself and 3000 others snaking up the volcano!

A captain I used to fly with moved to Air Astana and tried that, with only a 50kt crosswind. Max crosswind is 38kts in an A320. The report linked will show the damage sustained!

This captain’s crosswind technique was to get the aircraft on the ground, and let the friction from the rear tires straighten the aircraft (as they’re behind the centre of gravity) and THEN use a little bit of rudder to finish the job. :man_facepalming:
One of those problem captains that float around the block…

https://avherald.com/h?article=4b8e96e8&opt=0

2 Likes