Post Your Inappropriate Landings

I spent 6 months in Tokyo playing in a nightclub as a musician. A patron took us out there and spent a day at Lake Kawaguchi and headed up first thing next morning. Couldn’t stay for the sunset unfortunately. Glad for that experience. Couldn’t do it at my age now. Lol

1 Like

Nice technique!

Great success! :rofl:

Love the music lol

1 Like

ohhh, I loaded there the other day! (yeah this is old)

Some baseball viewing, just remember to bring your own hotdogs and soda.

3 Likes

Hmm it’s Luxemburg, but where did I end up… let’s open littlenavmap and see where I am :smirk_cat:

Ok let’s turn around & fly

Not every Target has this on their roof. If there is a Target near a major airport, they will have this on their roof. I’ve also seen a “LA FITNESS” big signage on their roof, also next to a Target that had the bullseye on the roof. Pretty cool to find them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This wasn’t easy

1 Like

Hey, nobody’s perfect …

15 Likes

This was a difficult landing on a short u-shape rooftop parking garage runway.
This particular plane has no breaks therefor you have to cut the engine to lose power to prevent your plane from crashing into a wall via too much momentum.

2 Likes

Here’s the same one but in 1st person view

I managed to land on a helipad with the help of a strong headwind:

2 Likes

Wholly inappropriate and she won’t fly again after that touchdown

That hill in the runway does wonders to slow down, that is if you hit it slow enough not to get airborne again. Landing gear is toast after that, as well as the rest of the plane :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Landed my new plane Zenith CH701 in the dunes near Zandvoort, The Netherlands.

Mind if you land in the Dutch dunes, you need a flat, green part (see below, 50m will do for STOL).

You can roll out a bit, however it will become bumpy, there isn’t much real sand in the MSFS dunes ! use the breaks in time, earlier than I did, I was lucky… normally you’ll get landing gear damage !

Takeoff was kind of wild, but no issues… Back at EHNO Langeveld Glider field…

Sundawn, landed on the beach at Zandvoort… this place looks like 17thC in MSFS :grin:

Some places you can do very inappropriate landings… In the RW my poor little Zenith would have been hopelessly stuck in the drainage ditch :grin:

1 Like

Very nice. Now do it with crashes on, and in 1st person :smiley:

1 Like

I could do first person but with crashes it could be much harder :joy:

Another inappropriate landing challenge

You might recognize Nanwalek up there, coming in for a landing

Failure on first attempt, and only possible by going through the trees…

But she’s down and stopped! The trees will grow back :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I still have to give you props though. The idea was brilliant and execution was still high level despite crashes being turned off. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

1 Like

Baker Rock Gravel Pit in Beaverton, Oregon – on “easy mode” using an ultralight… for now :wink:

2 Likes