Post your sunset

BTW Iceland and Greenland

3 Likes

Canyons, went through and landed somewhere… got this early evening sky

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nice little sun in the clouds ! Great light…

1 Like

6 Likes

Deadvlei

4 Likes

@DenisVarlamov88 is that stock scenery?

1 Like

LS-60 Rockfall vicinity, Blériot XI.

7 Likes

On the northern half of the border between Colombia and Venezuela

8 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

@DenisVarlamov88, absolutely amazing.

Not only is your photography amazing, and yes, it is photography, even though it’s done via screenshots instead of with a traditional camera, but the fact that the sim is capable of presenting you with such a breathtaking image to photograph in the first place is, too. If you handed your photos to the average “man on the street” (that’s the phrase, boys and girls, don’t shoot the messenger for forgetting the better half of our species), their brain would never think, oh, these are from a “video game”.

So kudos to you, and to our friends at MS/Asobo for bringing this to us.

And before you’re tempted to chime in and say, yeah, the graphics are great, but flyinn IFR sucks or is broken, I fly IFR every single day using this product, and aside from the u-turn bug (which I have essentially solved by using a 3rd party ATC product), I’m not seeing a problem, be it a tubeliner flying in the upper flight levels, or a single engine prop slogging it out at 5-10k’.

Yes, the avionics can be better, but with WT now a part of the family, they will be, and soon. I just wish they would bring in @ScorpionFilm422 and @CptLucky8, as they have a whole lot they can contribute as well. But since I’m already using their mods, I’m already getting (some) of those benefits.

Anyway, I’m gonna shut up now because this is a sunset thread, but I just had to compliment your work Denis (maybe I should turn it into another Flying Magazine cover?), as well as give props to our development team that brings this stuff to us. And to completely circle pack to our topic, here’s a sunset pic:

Man do I love and miss that plane (I lost my LTU, long story…), but I’m not going to buy it from scratch again unless and until they get VR working. But for awhile, before I went VR, it was practically the only plane I flew!

@DenisVarlamov88, let me know if you want that other Flying mag cover done. I have no idea how to do it because I have no idea how I did the first one, it was just trial and error using photoshop until I got it right, but I was smart enough to keep the original psd file so that should make it much easier. I just have to frame your photo just right and drop it in for the last one, and come up with some different verbiage for the rest of the cover, and in theory anyway, presto, new cover done.

3 Likes

@DenisVarlamov88, as a matter of fact, I went looking for it, and found where I put it (remarkably, it was right where it should have been), and so now I have a copy of it on my desktop just waiting. In fact, I started working on it, but I decided I’d rather do some flying (had hope that it knocks me out so I can get some more :zzz: the actual morning shows up).

But maybe later today, if I’m not sleeping as punishment for being up at this time. Again. It’s kind of a pattern for me.

@DenisVarlamov88, thank you, I will endevour to work on that. And if by “capacious” you mean wordy, I do that. A lot.

Now, is anyone reading this that can help me resize the “Flying” logo on the cover art? I’m sure with enough trial and error I’ll figure it out (or, if not, I can just use the original which I think is too small), but with some help from someone who actually knows what they’re doing in photoshop would be great. I can even share my screen and have you talk me through it. I’d actually let you do it for me, but I learn best by doing. TIA…

(Now, about that wordy thing… see? I did it again. And this is actually short compared to what I’ve done many, many times, even on this very forum.)

@DenisVarlamov88, I’m on Steam (userid kmoze, though I should see if I can get it changed to KevyKevTPA), but for MSFS I’m using the MS Store version. I’ll try the Photoshop trick, looks remarkably simple, and I’m not surprised, I just have zero training with the product, and the first time I’ve used it for serious editing work in years was your first Flying cover.

1 Like

Really enjoying the Flybywire A32nx. Made all the better with a lovely sunset on approach into EDLP :metal: :grinning:

4 Likes

@DenisVarlamov88 OK, I’ve downloaded all your pics and made a working copy of the base photoshop file, so I’ve just got to decide which photo works best and then assemble all the components. I don’t think that’s going to happen today, but it should go pretty quick once I start. The hard part is going to be deciding which crop of which photo wins.

If you’ve got any preferences, please speak now, or forever hold your peace… (It’s something us nutty American’s say at weddings…)

1 Like

Ahhh hurray, we’re up again

Blériot XI. beach of Ameland, The Netherlands

5 Likes

C152, near Schloss Neuschwanstein POI

4 Likes