[BUG LOGGED] Power pole / pylon in front of Geneva (LSGG) runway 22 too high

Electricity pylons actually exist in front of the runway, they are actually much smaller.
If you follow the ILS you will collide with the pylons.2020-09-22 10_15_31-Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.8.3.0

The glide slope on the 22 ILS approach into LSGG has repeatedly taken me into an electrical pylon.

Checking real-world maps these pylons do exist, and they seem to be in the correct place.

So maybe either the glide slope is too shallow, or the pylons are too tall.

Can anyone else confirm the same experience? If so, what do you think the fix might be?

7 Likes

There are high voltage pylons that cross the runway threshold, but they are special, they are low height. On the simulation they left them at a normal height which is false. Make a passage with google street and you will see

@babolet - oh great point. I was using bing maps (to try and use similar data as fs2020), didn’t think to check street view!

I’ll file a bug :slight_smile:

1 Like

That certainly adds a little thrill to final approach :smiley:

But seriously. For someone who knows what (s)he’s doing it should be easy to fix this. Unfortunately that someone isn’t me.

1 Like

:grinning: :+1:t2:

I did this approach yesterday night, after 4 hours of flying, I crash in to this pylon because it wasn’t visible by night… plus I live just next to that road so I know for sure they are not that high :sob:

4 Likes

Hi

Just attempted a ILS glide slope confirmed approach and landing on R22 only to run smack into some power lines, has this happened to anyone else ?

Jasp

I have also noticed them at GVA - post the last patch I think. There is another thread on this somewhere.

Cheers though it was just be being a noob flyer and not looking where i was going

I noticed it as well! It was a real surprise on final :grinning: ! I think this bug is related to the sky high trees which is annoying as well! Somehow the objects size and place (there are several airports where unrealistic high trees in route makes harder to land or take off :evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree: :palm_tree:) on the ground shall be fine tuned/adjusted by the developers.

1 Like

Recorrent bug, SBSP has another power pole on final.

I’ve seen stuff like that in 3rd party developers scenery in x-plane too. Just one of those things :astonished:

Verified it and have a screenshot attached if you want to use it for your submission to Zendesk.
Regards

1 Like

People are never happy. First they want power lines, etc, included, then they complain about where they’re put. :stuck_out_tongue: :small_airplane:

Seriously, though, I think it will be cool when we can have power lines across canyons, etc, with those big plastic warning balls on them, to add some challenges. \o/

2 Likes

Yea, but the power company might want to check the minimum obstacle clearance requirements before they put one there!!! :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

submission to Zendesk ??

Zendisk is the bug reporting system that goes to the developers:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Yes, please. You should submit one to zendesk. Feel free to use the picture on my post if you want.
Regards

Cheers report with your photo attrached