[RELEASED] Gee Bee R3 Special - Got Friends

Ahh you’re correct, I double checked with Got Gravel, My original posting speeds were way off and now correctly displayed in the aircraft.cfg and this thread. Now that I’m seeing the main menu display info, it also displayed 5 props instead of 3. So I guess you found a bug! Congrats and Thank You!

Updated:

• 250 Knot Max Speed (25% NOS Boost Increase)
  • 169 Knot Cruise Speed
  • Automated Spoiler Deployment for Sharp Turns
  • Avco Lycoming AEIO-580-B1A | 330 Horse Power
  • Triple Propeller Carbon Fiber Set
  • Acrobatics (Over-G: 9 Gs/Max-G: 12 Gs)
  • 737 Nautical Mile Range
  • 13,000 Foot Service Ceiling
  • 65 US Gallons Fuel Capacity
  • 1,290 Lbs Empty Weight
  • 1,875 Lbs Max Gross Weight
2 Likes

This looks awesome. Fixed gear racer planes aren’t normally my thing but may have to pick this up if can budget it in as looks incredible! Can really tell the labour of love.

1 Like

That’s nice!

Looking forward to trying this. I’ve seen the screenshots on the GotGravel discord but somehow missed this thread.

Scrappy next? :wink:

2 Likes

UPDATE: Sunday Announcement:

Hey everyone! The Closed Beta has been steaming along full speed and this week we unfortunately hit a hiccup. This issue is not fully resolved and the flight model will need an Overhaul.

Originally, release was going to be this week, but we are unfortunately going to have to put a delay on it until we finalize the flight model again. We sincerely apologize for the delay and would like to thank everyone for your support and patience. It is hard to estimate a new release date, but I promise to update you all as news comes in.

That being said, I will still be announcing our purchase price. Once released, you will be able to purchase the Gee Bee R3 Special for only $15.00.

Thank you for following this project and I look forward to bringing you more updated news leading up the release!

7 Likes

Already saw it :wink:

1 Like

Payware? :pensive:

looking forward to flying it - take what time you need on the final touches.

2 Likes

Quick Update!

We are over the hurdle that was stopping us from a release. Stay Tuned for exciting announcements, trailers, and pictures.

Until then, I would like to share some progress we’ve had:

Beta Phase is going GREAT! Loads of feedback, fun flying, everyone loves it! Final Beta version is being released tomorrow for our beta testers and depending on the feedback, the next build is Release Version 1.0!

During Beta phase, we had some very motivated individuals. AIRPAC1 is one of those individuals and he already utilized his skills and brought to life “NR2101” from Granville Bros. This livery will be available day one for download, with a possibility of a few more! Without the hard work of @twoseventy270, artists wouldn’t be able to create liveries like this. A big Congratulations to both of them!

Speaking of TwoSeventyInc, he has single handedly brought the Gee Bee R3 to life! His textures were already outstanding, but these final weeks, he has been working over time to bring you hyper-realistic texturing. Here is a fine example of some of his recent work on the Tension Cables:

Now for the final update, the Gee Bee R3 only has hours of work left in her and those are just additional features. As of now, we are release ready and pending the Final Beta Feedback, I would like to announce that you will be able to fly this aircraft soon! I’m not talking about September either! Stay tuned for the release trailer where I once again plan on releasing our distribution partner and release date!

Mark your Calendars!

• Jonx | Got Gravel | 270Inc
    (Got Friends Collaborative Group)
6 Likes

I’m glad we “GOT FRIENDS” like we do brother!!! Thank you AIRPAC1 for your tireless contributions!!!

Impressive !
I should be not surprised coming from all of you, but I am still :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please get the sound right!

You’ll be able to hear it in the trailer for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like it wants to kill me.

I love it already.

1 Like

AIRPAC1 with another gorgeous drop!

He is leading the way with some liveries during the Beta! Don’t worry! You’ll be able to sand her down and place her on yours as well!

3 Likes

Looks fantastic! I can’t wait to fly it :star_struck:

I’m just concerned because so far you haven’t made any emphasis on sound. It also does not seem like your team has a sound expert. Sound is a very big part of immersion so I really hope this aircraft can excel in that regard.

Where can this be bought from? and what price are we looking at?

I hate sanding!

Plane is looking great, good luck for the launch.

Answered earlier in the thread - $15 from some currently secret new distribution partner :man_shrugging:

I’m keen to get the plane but in all honesty unless this platform blows me away I will likely wait for it to appear on marketplace as I already find the non-marketplace planes I have somewhat tedious to keep up to date.

1 Like

So you dont mind waiting over a month for updates? or better yet your add-on being 2 versions behind?