Premium & deluxe content not there, Package failed

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
All of a sudden all of my Premium and deluxe content not available in the sim

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Load sim, None of the premium or deluxe content available. Try to download in the content manager but it won’t download and says package failed
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

As stated all of a sudden none of the premium and deluxe content is available, In the content manager it says that it’s available for download but when I try to download it I get a “Package failed” indication. I’ve tried it with an empty community folder. I’ve deleted the rolling cache. I know I’m connected to the internet because other sontent like updates for scenery are downloading ok. When I click on the ‘i’ icon next to speceific content in the package I get a message that says:
“Beechcraft Baron G58
The minimum game version is 1.20.6
No version history yet”

Also I’ve done everything in this article: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015946980-Missing-Deluxe-or-Deluxe-Premium-content

screenshots attached

I can confirm. Same issue here.

Hi @oDOORMANo,
Prior to you getting this new problem, did you sign up for the Reno Racing test or have you joined any “Insider” program for MSFS?

I have almost similar , mine says partially installed premium deluxe upgrade( after fresh install ). Download available 103,41 mb, but when I try this, it’s says failed. It looks like to be KDEN not installed, when I look in content manager. In previous installs I deleted KDEN via content manager because I have a payware version.

running windows 11
no reno racing or insider program
msstore
pc

No I haven’t done either.

All - I suspect again server issues, no proof and not announcement. For last week to 10 days, lots and lots of server issues. Again I experienced this issue, but when servers came back up was gone. I also suspect this issue is happening randomly all over the world. More so I think in Europe/Asia but again no proof. Just oepened Sim let it run on main window for 5-10 minutes for another reason, it loaded fine, every screen I clicked on worked. I am not sure how to check for servicer issues, so you guess is as good as mine. Good Luck to all.

1 Like

Maybe. The only thing is that I’d already downloaded all of this content and it was updated with the SU6 drop. The problem is that it’s just disappeared and it can’t be re-downloaded. That’s content that I paid for and can no longer get access to.

1 Like

Make sure you have the x-box game bar and x-box app installed on your system (assuming not using X or S game box). Those have to be on PC so the full paid for stuff can be viewed and updates downloaded. It’s a convoluted process to get all this working together, one of my main complaints for this SIM, it’s distribution method is out of a Frankenstein Movie.

Yeah I’m well acquainted with the update process. Everything was updated fine with no issues including all of the updates to the premium content. That content that was there yesterday has somehow been removed and I’m not the only one.

Ok, might have assumed one thing and not fully understood problem. Lets see, you paid for MSFS PD extra stuff, it was on your system?, you then download SU6, and now, it’s not on system.
Assumed you have looked into the folder where MSFS is stored, and it’s not there. That it does not immediately show up in Store, is normal, think I have to scroll down page to see all of it. But on PC it comes up normally. If I got this wrong, just not sure what has happened.

Thank you.

There’s others reporting the same as well.

We’ve been assisting @Beechc23 via Discord and I suspect there may be an issue with the authentication servers, but won’t be able to bring this up until Monday.

Ok thanks for the update. I’ll keep an eye out for the fix

FWIW-They have been having trouble with lots of servers since SU6 was put out there. Seems like every day some of them burp or worse. So, I would wait till tomorrow and see if it comes back. They are having so much trouble with them, not even announcing when one of the goes off line, just a bunch of errors stop popping up and people post that on forum. So my guess is another server went bonkers for a while. They have your record of purchase, you have it, it will be sorted out.

hope Monday you can investigate, if needed I can be available. but as it looks like for me it’s Kden missing. If I want to install Asobo Kden it’s failing. this is on a fresh install. ssd secure erase used. I disabled KDEN a long time ago because I was using payware KDEN.

If I go to KDEN now it’s definetaly not a premium airport.

Hello….I uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS because of the recent challenges of the loading times…. Now I can’t get the Deluxe/Premium versions to download even though I had purchased them a year ago….I am prompted to download them in the Marketplace, but the notifications stated it failed. Anybody have a solution to this challenge?

Thank you!

1 Like

Yesterday i had W10 and had many problems with the download of MSFS2020 through the MS store. The premium version i bought was visible but while trying to download it gave errors and was stuck in a loop. Today i transferred to W11 and had the MS store and X box app updated. Lo and behold, now the download is possible and as we speak already at 60 Gib and counting. Perhaps this is helpful to others who experience the same download problems.

I am on WIN 11 and still cannot download the Premium/Deluxe package. This is still very much an issue.

1 Like

just tried again,

premium upgrade → partiall installed , package failed

Anybody know the status of the servers this am? I keep trying to download and it shows it wants to download but nothing is happening…

1 Like

I have sent a request for help……I hope help comes soon!