Problem getting Taxi Ribbon mod from Asobo_UI.BGL patch working as mod in community folder

Asobo_UI.BGL.pln (408.4 KB)

Rename to Asobo_UI.BGL and copy it to **:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\fs-base\scenery\Global\Asobo_UI\ rename the original .BGL first. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!
I will check it out later today :+1:t2:

Btw, If you choose not to use any ribbon for a better experience, I strongly recommend Little Navmap.

It loads entire MSFS database and you can see all gates with numbers / taxi lines on the map. As it is exact database, all info you see there taxi letters, gate numbers matches with ATC sayings. It is much more fun when you navigate yourself by just checking the map and listening ATC.

Also runway infos, sid-star data, ILS zones etc. all you can see there on the map and start with scratch plane by setting all routes on MCDU.

2 Likes

Actually, I do use LNM and the LNM mod that gives you the in game map. But sometimes you don’t get enough info from ground (radio) to find your assigned parking spot.

1 Like

that’s right, It says as general aviation park if you not choose gate. But parking slot numbers exist in game database, hopefully they will add numbers to ATC maybe :confused:

Now that we have a fix for the size of the Taxi Ribbon, who will be the first to add a hotkey to hide/show the ribbon? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@mixMugz

was able to set an hotkey for HUD on external views. Maybe he can put another hotkey for an another setting which is in options menu :slight_smile:

Thanks for this information! Is there also possible to change the color eg. from blue to yellow?

Only by hex editing the color values in the BGL and not change the file size(s), i’m not able to get a export/new bgl working yet.

I have now tested the mod, but I find it still too big :wink:
I would like to see VERY tiny ribbons, smaller the better.

Will try to compare this mod with the original in a hex editor and see if I’m able to do it myself.

sorry, where do you find this link (**:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\fs-base\scenery\Global\Asobo_UI\Asobo_UI.BGL) ? is this in the same folder where the community folder is? thanks!

Much better! Thank you. :+1:

1 Like

It’s the same base folder as Community yes, except in Official. Official is where all the game data is, be sure to backup anything you change there.

thanks! two more questions ;-), i must replace the “Asobo_UI.BGL” file with yours, correct? and whenever there is an update in the sim, the BGL file must be replace again?

THANKS!

Yes, you can just rename the original file to _Asobo_UI.bgl and when a update is made you can compare them to be sure nothing else has changed.

1 Like

Very nice find, thanks for sharing!

How did you set a hot key for the HUD? Thanks!

here, mixMugz shared his mods.

You can download uimod mugz hiddenhud for HUD shortcut from github:

1 Like

Cygnifick, this was my attempt at it but I ran into the same problem as you. It works when changing the file in the official folder, but not as a community folder mod. Still trying to figure out why.

I have exactly the same issue, I cannot use the Community folder.

• Do we know if the fs-base folder is somehow ‘protected’?
  • Is there another mod that uses Community folder and fs-base which work by any chance?

That’s pretty annoying because the main purpose is to not fiddle with Official files.

Note: if I rename the original Asobo_UI.Bgl, the community one is properly loaded so my mod works (configuration and paths).

@Jummivana I would love for someone from Asobo to give us some insight on this as I don’t seem to find any information anywhere. Thanks!