Problem of not moving the mouse in VR

Hello friends, I am very tired trying to solve the problem of not moving the mouse in VR. Since its update 4 it seems Asobo ended up ruining the VR of the simulator.

I have an OCULUS RIFT headset and when VR was released it was very fluid, now it’s almost impossible to move the mouse cursor from one instrument to another inside the virtual cockpit.

Someone who can help me, give an explanation of how to make the cursor fluid… am I the only one who has this problem?

Thank you very much for any collaboration you could give me, honestly I’m already very discouraged with this simulator. Every update is a new problem, and we simmers want to fly, not solve problem after problem.

Jorge

2 Likes

Probably related to the Framerate of the game, if the game becomes too greedy, your head movements will jerk the vision of nearby objects, as well as the alignment of the cursor.
Do a test by lowering some graphic settings to guarantee a high average FPS, regardless of whether it’s blurry (LOD < 100 for example) or the rendering scale

You will see if it affects this problem

It’s not the framerate of the SIM Yohaskan…

For some time now, the mouse movement in VR seems magnetized, meaning wherever the cursor is in VR space when trying to move the mouse, it’s as if you’re trying to move a magnetized mouse cursor.

I streamed MSFS exclusively in VR on Twitch, but since the emergence of this issue, I had to pause streaming in VR due to viewers’ complaints and the delay in following instructions from VATSIM controllers due to delayed (sometimes inactive) mouse movements.

Here’s to hoping it’s resolved soon (or at most a revisit to the mouse code pre-SIM UPDATE 4 (I think).

~N978PJ

Note: There is a VATSIM event upcoming, Cross the Land 2022, on February 12 – I will attempt to stream that, in VR – :rofl:

I suffered with this issue for almost all of 2021. It got to the point where I assumed this was just the way it was going to be until I either, upgraded my system or Microsoft found the problem and resolved it.

A few forum threads started hinting that other peripherals might be causing the jerkiness and laginess in mouse response so I randomly changed the USB ports for all my peripherals. Mouse, joystick, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, mini keyboard. I just took em all out and jumbled them up.

Incredibly unscientific but…it solved my problem overnight. Totally fluid mouse movement was re-established. I am sorry that I cannot offer a reason why this worked but it worked for me.

1 Like

I have this problem now and then, and SU8 seems to have increased the problem.
Suddently it is stuck, or moves (like N978PJ said) magnetized, sometimes the click is not recognized, the mouse wheel seems laggy…
Then it works again.
A new issue with SU8 is the focus… Sometimes do not focus at all, sometimes the focus is held even if the button is released. After few seconds, it comes back.

All in VR. Framerate seems not the issue, I may have full mouse control at heavy airports, and no controls over the sea at locked FPS, or viceversa. In a complete random way, with different addons.

1 Like

SU8 seems to have introduced new mouse interaction problems for me as well. I use the PMDG DC-6 most of the time. I will ‘reach up’ to tune the VOR frequency on one of the KX-155’s, then go back to add a second frequency…and the mouse has no effect - the tuning knobs do not turn blue to indicate focus. Click, spin…no effect.

I look down, look back up…and it works normally. Having an open Window has no effect (I use Navigraph Charts).

And then the mouse will start to dragging sometimes. Last night the sim finally CTD’d when trying to manipulate something on the overhead panel. It is like the sim bogged down and finally crashed.

I just disconnected the Thrustmaster HOTAS that I don’t use for MSFS 2020; perhaps it is peripheral related as others have reported. But, the loss of focus issue is new with SU8.

I9-11900K/3080ti/64Gb/Varjo Aero/MS Store Version

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.