Problem reinstalling msfs help please

This is still bugging me, you do realise that to install a program not on your system drive you need to change the location for new apps in System/Storage/Advanced Storage settings? (this for W11 but W10 should be similar).

Nornally if you don’t want the large package files on your C: drive you would set up a new MSFS folder in D: and when asked at the start of install point to it. The actual MSFS program is not that large and would usually install to C: unless specified in storage settings.

waiting to have my new set of 32 GB DDR3 RAM delivered tomorrow
i will try again after
I only have 16GB att he moment though I doubt this will resolve my issue
will let you know guys, thanks for your time

didn’t know that, interesting
how do I do that? (dumb question sorry)

I run on Windows 10

it’s not tne first time i installed sim on different drive
never had the issue before and could not find the option on system/storage/…

Start Menu > Settings > System settings . Next, click on Storage in the left pane. Scroll down a bit and find Change where new content is saved (Windows 10 March 2021, I doubt that it’s changed)

got you will try that , I found it
shall I also change the path in the MSFS installation manager?

Why let Windows handle VM, as opposed to having an adequate Fixed size ?

Create a MSFS folder where you want the Community and Official folder to sit and point to it in the installation manager, it’s much safer than leaving them in the default location

got you thanks
will try again tomorrow

1 Like

It’s not 1995 and Windows understands Windows far better than you or I

3 Likes

Agreed — :ok_hand:

1 Like

I see what you did there Mr Gates :wink:

just tried again: negative still crashes at 96%
i have the dvd version but never needed them when I had to re-installi n the past.
will try tomorrow again…
thanks for your tips DS693

Could be a licensing issue but IMO would be strange if they let you download 96% before realising there’s a problem … the big question is if the DVD player started spinning?

will try with dvds tomorrow;
the big question is if the DVD player started spinning?
my dvd drive only spins when a disc is inserted…not quite understand your question

I can’t speak for newer dvd players but I remember the days where clicking the FSX icon would immediately set the player whirring as it searched for a licensed disk.

but again I am tired today after 3 unsuccesful attempts :slight_smile:

no, not in my case , dvd player is quite recent

It must be brain numbing but I’m sure you’ll get there … good luck