Problem to load user camera presets

See this:

2 Likes

same issue here. annoying.
I tried increasing the lag in repeat key function in windows settings, but that did not help.

Really frustrating that they did not fix this before releasing SU8.

3 Likes

Same here:)
Link from NixonRedgrave in this thread has the solution.
Switch your assigned camera locations.

Same here–shifting to External view or back to Internal almost impossible with joystick button. Just flicks rapidly until finally moving.

Noticed this with the instrument views. It’s as if its fighting you on changing the camera. Wants to drag it back to where it was and you have to jam the key/hit a couple of times to force it to go where you want it to. Quite annoying.

it seems like a repeatkey glitch almost.
it is repeating the input too rapidly

I had the same problem and solved it by assigning the desired key in both left and right slots of the camera view in the control settings

2 Likes

This was not a problem till SU8. Got same thing happening.

Just tried this and it indeed fixes the issue! Thanks for sharing.

This is a problem with any keybind that has both primary and alternate keys assigned, not just camera views. I went through and deleted both primary and alternate on any actions where I had both assigned, click “Apply & Save”, then reenter your desired keybind in the primary (left-hand column).

(Not sure if the Apply & Save step between deleting and reentering is necessary, but I had some key assignments that didn’t seem to work until I started doing it this way.)

3 Likes

Great info here, thanks for posting!

Same problem here (#PC). Quickly tapping (very quickly) pre-sets does seem to work.

Assigning a custom preset (Ctrl+Alt+0…9) can no longer be made using the Num pad numbers, only the keyboard row of numbers. Although, after assigning, the presets can be called up using the num pad.

I also have no second key bindings assigned.

1 Like

The solution is above …

Just delete second key bindings in the control menue.
It is possible to use the num pad numbers but only set them as the first key binding and set nothing as a further key…

The problem appears to be with the (Right CTRL ) button. If you use the Left CTRL button, then it seems to work correctly. Give it a try. Obviously a bug in the new sim 8 update.

Going to try this. Good find!

Will try too! Thank yiu

Does not work for me
If I set the camera i.e. CTRL-ALT-1 (not using number pad)
If I set select camera Num1 it does not work. If I do ALT-1 it works but not Num1
Annoying!

Did you remove assignments for second keys?

Fixed as of Sim Update 10.