Problem Updating FIP Drivers

I recently started having problems, again, with my FIP’s blinking out and re-initializing. I thought I had the latest 8.0.313.0, dated 12/29/20, driver loaded but when I went into Devices and Printers I found that an older 8.0.124.0, dated 4/21/17, driver was loaded instead. I have attempted to load the 313 driver on several occasion but I still see 214 show up as the active driver? I have tried with the devices active and then unplugged, rebooted and not.

Any advice?

Same issue. I was never able to solve it no matter how cleanly I removed the old ones.

Unless it’s updated and mislabeled or something.

Thanks, still shows the old drivers but I was able to run MSFS for 4 hours this morning and it never hiccuped once?

Running 12x FIP’s, 2x Radio’s, 2x Throttle Quad’s, BIP, Multi Panel, Switch Panel, TMP Panel, Trim Wheel, Yoke w/ Quad, Foot Pedals on 6x Powered Hub’s into 1 Powered Hub connected to Motherboard USB 2 port.

Has to be VooDoo or black magic!

Hah, you’ve got me beat. 11FIPs, one switch panel, yoke, throttle (I should swap out the USB one for the PS2 one that connects to the yoke), multi panel, and RealSimGear GNS 530 and 430. I had to separate mine into four separate powered hubs, though, because I tried putting everything on two 10port powered hubs and the FIPs did not like that one bit. Have not tried putting hubs into a hub, though.

Mostly stable plugging them in one hub at a time when I first connect them. Some need an extra kick in the pants, but once they’re up they’re happy until I take it all down.

I found that plugging as few Saitek devices, 3-4, into a powered hub and the hubs into a single powered hub works the best. That way I only have one USB cord to plug into the PC. Using Tom Tsui’s (FSX Times) program to manage the FIP’s puts them in the right order every time and allows me to have multiple FIP configurations for different aircraft.

The Gauge Switcher, or something else?

I have the whole suite of Tom’s Piper Warrior and Arrow gauges, they’re the whole reason I got more than one FIP. Love them, hope he keeps expanding his offerings.

Yep, Gauge Switcher.

I would look closely at the manual for Axis and Ohs, which supports the FIP amd much, much more. There is also USB power management available. If you run Logitech or Saitek, it is one hell of a toolbox.