Problem with Saitek/Logitech Autopilot

I’ve been using this piece of hardware since I started using MSFS.

Intermittent problem is that I get my flight all set to go and the device has “ALT” and “VS” illuminated but no zeroes indicating I won’t be able to dial in any ap settings.

Sometimes this can be corrected restarting the sim, other times it takes a full PC reboot. What a PIA!!

Any ideas what is happening here? I have to be in the habit of restarting the PC before every flight but we all know how long it takes to restart the sim and create a complicated flight right?

Thanks.

Did you reinstall the Logitech drivers?
Anytime I have a Win 11 update I reinstall the Logitech drivers.

Topic moved into #self-service:peripherals and tagged #saitek #logitech #advice

Are you talking about the Flight Multi Panel? I too have had problems today. Get a flight loaded and everything preset, then on takeoff and activate AP on the device, I get a CTD. Reloading the game, the panel then doesn’t respond. Have to restart computer and restart sim to get it active again, but then the CTD process just repeats. I’ve had to unplug it since it doesn’t work and no CTD afterward.
I have the Logitech G-Hub app running and not sure if a recent update for it is causing the issues, or the sim itself? Just starting happening today.
The sim server itself seems unstable this weekend, with in game players ghosting, rubber banding, live weather extremes or fading.
Asobo seems to be restarting some services for the server every evening, so not sure if they are experimenting with something that might be causing command or bandwidth issues, besides just the live weather feed.

1 Like

Have you re-installed all of the Logitech drivers?

Thanks for the replies, apologies for posting and then disappearing!

I’ve been busy and away from the sim but the next step will be reinstalling the drivers.

There is no CTD and I almost wonder if it has to do with the way I’m starting the aircraft, like I’m not turning something on.

I have a Honeycomb yoke and use the switches to turn on batteries etc. The yoke has been out for repairs and so I’ve had to just start the Longitude with my mouse and the switches on the screen. It seems like if I let the copilot start the plane up, it works. I don’t know though, not enough experimenting with all that.

I had the same issues but I stumbled on a fix. I don’t try to set anything on my multipanel until I am ain stab le flat, aircraft cleaned up and at a sensible cruise speed. Then I set the altitude I want on the multipanel, then I press VS. ALT, NAV and finally AP. This works for most, but not all aircraft models but if you have a specific plane then let me know…ai have workarounds for most. The blame here lies firmly at the feet of Logitech who have’nt written drivers for years relying instead on flaky plugins that are hit and miss at best.

Jeff