Program crashes after Update to 1.10.7.0 - solved

Until the latest update (#5) I’d no problems at all apart from the few avionics issues. The loading process went well and I had no CTD’s during the many hours that I flew.
Now the loading process stops and crashes after the screen - as shown above - appears. No solution in deleting everything in the Community folder, no solution after deleting the Rolling Cache, no solutions given by the offical recommendations how the handle loading problems.

I did send a message to Zendesk, but in the meantime stuck and unable to fly…grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Any suggestions, anybody???

Peter

1 Like

Doesn’t do the trick here

I would wait it out fellas this is ASOBOS JOB to address this not ours

Works well in my case :hugs: Thanks

This did the trick for me. Obviously it all has to do with key and axis assignment files.

Great that all is working again.

Peter

2 Likes

Here’s a fix that worked for me on the load crash, you need to get rid of the old settings profiles. It’s similar to above but is for the steam version.

Before updating it worked perfectly. When updating it started to fail. Repaired, restored and still not working

my download has been stuck on this screen for 24 hours or so. Ive done the community folder thing.
ive restarted the computer and then started the install manager again, and i can never get any further.

Guess they didnt want us flying

Thanks CloggedLamb4293
He’s right, I cleared my old contoller info and it loaded.
Why couldn’t they know this before releasing, this should never be a problem!
Their quality control sucs!!!

I’m in a similar place as Sinister, although mine downloaded the fs base files fine and stalled out on the decompression stage. The pisser is, I had to do a reinstall due to various issues yesterday preventing me from updating to the latest patch, and I accidentally installed to my small HDD C drive … which worked fine, but Windows wouldn’t let me move it to my much larger SSD E drive, for reasons? So now I’m attempting a direct install straight to my E drive, but just like on Release Day in August, it’s stalling out and won’t complete. Nothing’s plugged in except my external SSD. Every ■■■■ patch, it’s something. I’ve gotten 270 hours into the sim prior to this patch, so I’m up to like 2 hour/$1 spent … and I’m trying to decide if that’s good enough for me. This nonsense is getting really old. I have better things to do with my life than waste 48 hours every two weeks trying to get this thing to run the way it is supposed to.

Seems to me multiple threads on this subject, search and read all of the rest of the story.
I updated Nvidia Driver, restart, checked for Windows Updates, Intel BT driver and other stuff, restart. Checked the store, new Store something, restart. I HAVE NO MODS, NOTHING IN COMMUNITY FOLDER PERIOD. This thing is too new to mod, especially with all the issues everyone is having with the mods patch after patch. After store update, restart. Then again store for the patch segment part of the MSFS update, shutdown, unplugged USB(3.0) 4TB Drive, but did NOT unplug USB-C hub with keyboard and joystick plugged into it. Turned on PC, opened MSFS, it downloaded the patch (slow internet here about hour or so to get the whole thing), game then loaded and I closed it and restarted PC again. Then turned on, opened game, downloaded all the community folder updates and restarted again. Once back to windows desktop, opened game, flew 787 around PMDY for while to see if changes in flight parameters, some better, still think FBW inhibits control surfaces. Have been playing with it since patch yesterday, no issues. ASUS ROG Strix Laptop; I-7-9750; 32GB system ram; Nvidia RTX-2070 8 GB VRam. I have no clue why it works for me and not you. I did have Windows Defender on system then, now have loaded newest version of Zone Alarm to test it for them, still since last evening no issues, knock on wood. Everyone says it is not hardware, but if you have software problem, how are you going to find it? Reinstalling Windows and MSFS is not also working, something else is going on here. If aftermarket virus/firewall, remove them, use WD, see if that helps. YES, it’s frustrating take snapshot of all the pages of System Information/Event Viewer pertinent to MSFS and crashes, put as text file or whatever, send too MS Help Desk/Asobo and print out, so when they and you converse, you have it in front to discuss. Suggest everyone with issues, note system manufacturer/configuration se we can see if anything stands out. We all want this to work for all of us, help us to help you, complaints without documentation does not help much.

It crashes on me when I am on the world map even before I select an airport

Same crash to me, but without any error message, straight CTD. Was working relatively fine before the patch, at least It started.

It’s the first game in my entire life I past more time troubleshooting and looking for workarounds than actually playing.

Every update is a pain, seems like these developers don’t learn from their own mistakes. Five patches, every new one introduces more bugs than solved bugs.

I’m tired, see you again in a year.

History repeating https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfNQOOr9aR8

This worked for me too.
I knew my Orbweaver Chroma was causing the CTD, so I just found my profile for that (and a mysterious empty folder in the same place, probably the default profile for it), deleted them and the sim started right up with the Orbweaver connected.
All the other profiles remained in place and worked.
Thanks for the tip!

Thanks @CloggedLamb4293

Did the trick for now.

Same here, after the 1.10.7.0 update I installed yesterday, I was able to load the simulator once time and test the landing in the pumpkin airfield. But today, lauching the game, then it crash just after the Japan landmark picture during the startup !
Awaiting for a correctif, but for now, switching back to a real FSX, since FS2020 is at a game level (arcade mode) and not at a real flight simultaor (Xplane, FSx, P3D).
Very frustrating indeed !

Worked for me as well (and a couple of other guys I know). Thanks for this :+1:t2:

Crash always at the same moment (after Japan Update new scenery showing Info “New Scenarios”) Means Program closes without message to desctop.
Removing USB equipment like Yoke etc. does not help.

I have the STANDARD DVD Version with all Updates installed. Installed language is German.

The 1.9 version was running without problems !!!
Grafik is nvidia RTX 2060 SUPER

I would suggest, giving MSFS high priority in Task Manager. Then disable aftermarket virus/antimalware/firewall. If only Windows Defender, then turn off all the choices in “APP AND BROWSER” control. See if that makes difference. If your system was working, and task manager open, you would see “very high” usage on MSFS/Windows Defender while it checks every line of code. See and report back here please. Again, we are all working on figuring this out together, and we will get it. MS has announced patch over weekend to mitigate this problem, but I don’t have it, many other don’t have it, what is different about your system?