Program crashesagain

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
NO
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
none available
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Program crashed at the same location on the same flight
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
not relevent
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Unknown

Anything in your community folder?
If so empty it and try.
If it still happens, where does it happen (map co-ordinates preferred, and a good description, so it can be checked)
Does it happen on short flights or longer flights?

It happened again. This is the third time today. Flight from KSLC to KBUR RNAV 8Y. Program crashes in the exact same place everytime. Approximately 5 mins. from landing while in the approach mode. In the middle of the turn over oat mtn. Sound stops and then screen goes to computer home screen. ATC is also very erratic. Never the same. Approach mode in aircraft is activated. Using current mod for the CJ4

I’m in the middle of a flight (my first with the DC6 ) right now, and after that its bed for me.
I’ll give your route a try in the AM and see what happens.

Does anyone know what is happening tonight with the simulator because you have been flying for more than an hour and it crashes due to a drop in FPS ???

1 Like

the same thing happens to me !!!
I have made two flights of approximately 2 hours and on the approach it begins to stutter, the fps drops and ends up crashing !!
What shame of a simulator will one day go well?

1 Like

Moved to #bugs-and-issues:ctds as the simulation crashes to desktop.

can you please check the windows event log whether you found something like “grammar.pggmod” ?

In case you find such a message, the existing topic about is

Ok, I gave it a try. Nice flight, with the weather off line, it was heavy fog, I had no problem.
If it’s a scenery issue, I should have experienced it.
There are a lot of complaints of CTD’s the last day or so, and I’m suspecting the server issue
has something to do with it.
You may have experienced that.
If you are still experiencing it after things get sorted out, let us know.

1 Like

Yep, two consecutive CTD’s at departure airport LEMD.
Latest A32NX experimental version.
Imposible to fly today.
CTDay.

Ok, I removed the third party content from the community folder and did the exact same flight. Because it is the MSFS version the flight was not exactly the same but the same thing happened. Although the flight extended further to the west, when the aircraft began it’s left turn toward the final approach course it crashed, again. This is not an issue with third party content, it’s MSFS. The need to quit adding more to the program until they can fix the basic program. Actually about two versions ago it was pretty good.

I did not get the crash this AM using the CJ4 with the latest version of the mod.
In fact I enjoyed the flight so much, I’m repeating it again now, this time with the FBW A320.
I’m 14 nm from Eevun.
I’m not sure what the issue may be, but so far it doesn’t look like it is an MSFS issue, or others would have experienced it,
Do you have the rolling cache turned on?
If so, try emptying it and trying.

Ok I finished that flight, again no issues with ILS8y approach.
If it was an MSFS issue, I should have had problems.

I reinstalled the mod and did a flight from KIYK to KGEG with the live weather off. This flight did not have any issues. So then I tried again KSLC to KBUR with an ILS 8Y landing. This time the program didn’t crash. However, the aircraft didn’t line up with the runway using ILS. Had to take control to get on track and then let the autopilot take it down to 500’. If my memory serves me, it seems we had an issue a couple of months back with the barometer. So their live weather seems to have an impact on performance. Hope they fix this soon. We’re about due for an update

1 Like

Glad it worked out for you, and I sure enjoyed the route!

I have the same problems as my FS also CTD many times… But I did found out that the Live Weather is indeed causing the CTD’s on my side… Are there more pilots with CTD issues when flying with Live Weather?

Look at the banner heading at the top of every page in the forum.
Your answer is right in front of you!!

YES… read it just now… Did not see it at al… thanks for pointing…

1 Like

~PC version
~ MsStore

first time is has crashed. Did this after update. Live weather Off. Flying challenges.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 30/04/2022 22:32:28
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: NZXTDesktopI732GB
Description:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001c0eb98
Faulting process ID: 0x6134
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85cd91ecfefd9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: bfa9decb-b02d-42d3-b750-640c97043f5d
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
NZXTDesktopI732GB

FlightSimulator.exe
FlightSimulator.exe
c0000005
0000000001c0eb98
01d85cd91ecfefd9
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
bfa9decb-b02d-42d3-b750-640c97043f5d
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App