Program goes to gaming services and gs will not update. Stuck in a loop!

Happily playing Msfs2020 when windows does auto update. Now if I start Msfs2020 it goes to the Store and can’t update Gamimg Services which is stuck in an error loop. I have the store version of Msfs2020.

Help please!

I have the same problem tried all I know and can’t fix?

1 Like

Search the forums and you will find a thread. Scroll to the bottom and look for registry fix

1 Like

I had this.
Go to Apps & Features > Gaming Services > Advanced Options, and then choose Repair and then Reset.
Sim started straight away afterwards.

2 Likes

I tried this and still no go… i seem to get further though, but the same message that i cant sign into xboxlive for some reason… i haven’t changed a thing so not sure what to do!

Exact the same problem. Gameservices error 0x8007139F
Tried to repair as suggested, but problem remains.

try https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/gameservices-not-installing/406131/20

Solved with the registry hack that deletes the gameservices and gameservicesnet lines.

SHAME ON YOU MICROSOFT FOR EXPECTING USERS TO MESS WITH THE REGISTRY!

1 Like

Solved with the registry hack that deletes the gameservices and gameservicesnet lines.

Below solution solved my problem. Gaming services app installed with error, starting msfs kept bringing me to the ms store → gaming servicesc app installing error.

So:

Open Registry Editor

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → SYSTEM → CurrentControlSet → Services

Remove the GamingServices and GamingServices.Net

Restart Computer

Go to your Windows Store → 3-dot-menu → Downloads and Updates → Check updates

Gaming Services should install now without issue.

Double check by rebooting and going back to Windows Store and trying to Get Updates again - you should be Up to date.

1 Like

Gaming Services Advanced Options (in Windows Apps), Terminate, Repair, Reset, Reboot, then to MS Store and Update apps. Not sure if Terminate is necessary, but it sort of worked for me…

1 Like

Did not help. Same exact problem. Since installing MSFS 2020 I never had ONE problem running the sim or running the gaming services. I have had to troubleshoot a few addons and fixed that…I’m a conservative user with over 650 pc’s built and countless software installations and I know how to handle software and drivers, I know Bios’s and firmware upgrades but I dont modify crucial stuff At this moment I am not impressed ( by Microsoft) to say the least. …or should I start saying "Trust Microsoft (Game Store sofware) to screw up your perfect MSFS 2020 Flightsim experience " … gee thanks to that team. So I am expected to use countless new hours reinstalling everything? Nope. I will wait a few days and if it doesnt work well I will go get real hours behind a C172 and then go back to X plane 11.

1 Like

THANK YOU ! I did a weird variant of this…LOL…am not quite sure what i did oh yes I was waiting and went out of the Store and then Back into it…then I was told to INSTALL it…DID …and then it worked. It would not UPDATE…anything. Still not sure what I did…hmm…but this seems to work, I also did edit the register…then I did your solution…Whew ! And then MSFS 2020 is updating to 1.16.2.0 --again? But this time just an update to the 787 dreamliner…/267 some MB?) …weird! I never used to have ANY problems before…

1 Like

And, once again, a myriad of solutions and sketchy fixes that seem to work for some, but not for others and nobody seems to have the positive fix, understandable, with sooo many systems variants out there, but in the end, whose fault is this and why is it up to the community to test all these solutions. Find a better liaison software provider than MS Store.

Which registry lines / entries i have to delte? Where to find it in the registry ?

Error Code: 0x8007139F… Same issue, I didn’t pay all this coin for incompetency. I rang them & they said they are aware & working on a fix. In the mean time where all flightless…!

So many issues from day 1…!

The Boeings don’t even have ground proximity warnings, or an altitude range arc +++. Besides the external graphics FS X was way way way better (we don’t even have Sydney’s Sky Tower or Harbour Bridge, or Auckland Harbour Bridge & Sky Tower…!!! FS X does) using PMDG aircraft.

Why even release a Flight Simulator with so many flaws to begin with. They should refund everyone until it works correctly greedy useless *****…!

While their at it they should get Bendigo Airport (YBDG) loaded up, Qantas fly there, it’s a hub yet they have little grass airfields all within 40nm of it. WTF is wrong with these people/children…

I want a refund till they sort this FS out, I didn’t pay for a downgrade…!!!