Project: Rock Islands, Sunken Boats, Huts, PG Trees, Airports

when we see that ORBIX has not been able for 1 month to correct their mods, what more can we say of all together to advertise this creator who reacts quickly to a simple shrub :clap: :+1:

8 Likes

Hope you replanted it as well Bijan :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

If there was a vote for the most supportive dev of the year (what a great idea by the way) then I am fairly relaxed that Bijan would more than likely claim the top spot :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thank you

Yup, Planted it next to Kamoauli Marina where new boats will be added :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just picked this add-on up and a) it is very cool! Long Beach Shoreline Marina looks fantastic and b) the performance hit is very real.

At 1500-2000 feet altitude, fps drops to around 25-27 when it’s in view, while able to do 37-42 looking away from it towards the shore.

Flying directly over at a few hundred feet, my fps drops as low as 22, then raises back to 38-40 as soon as I fly past it and the boats are no longer in view.

I’m afraid “just upgrade” isn’t an acceptable recommendation; a $1500+ scalped video card for every user isn’t really feasible when the scenery add-on could simply use models with appropriate levels of detail and look just as good while performing tons better.

I would be happy to pay for some more additions if, but only if, the performance problems are addressed.

System:

• Ryzen 3700X
  • RTX 2070 Super
  • 3440x1440 HDR G-sync compatible monitor
  • Graphics quality settings at ultra
  • not in VR

I am sorry but the long beach boats are all Asobo’s boat and all are optimized. That’s the very first ones I did without adding my own boats.
I am not here to argue about the performance snice this is not the place but I wouldn’t expect that much from 2070 super at 3440x1440 at ultra settings. I don’t agree with your statement saying “just upgrade” isn’t an acceptable recommendation. Yes the boats may drop FPS for lower end PC’s as I mentioned before but that’s the system to blame and not the mod.

2 Likes

So this isn’t your work, as mentioned in the original post of this thread?

Perhaps what you mean is you added 700 boats using an existing boat model? In this case, you should be paying attention to the performance impact of adding those 700 boats.

If the existing model produces large slowdowns, then you might consider a more optimized model that works well in these conditions instead of the existing one that doesn’t.

And no, you can’t just tell us to upgrade a system that isn’t “low-end” or “old”. An RTX 2070 Super is not “low-end”, it’s just not a $3000 video card.

2 Likes

I placed all the boats there. What difference does it make where it came from?
Like I said they are optimized and those are not to blame. Any boats I am placing from my own I am optimizing to reduce polygon as much as possible.
You don’t have to agree. :wink: Let’s leave it at that.

1 Like

“Optimized” for what? Are they optimized for the number of boats you’ve placed in one location? Experience indicates no.

The responsibility for ensuring good performance is on you, the developer of the mod. I’m sorry that you feel customers don’t deserve basic consideration, and I’ve taken this into account in my review on SimMarket.

Have a good day, and I hope you change your mind.

2 Likes

Apparently you didn’t understand the concept on sunken boats. I am replacing those so they won’t show as sunken. So the numbers are not up to me but how many I have to place to cover the sunken boats.

Have a nice day.

I’m not sure I understand. Are you saying that there are 3d boat models in the base scenery that are literally rendered in 3d, underwater, as 3d models, but below the ocean, and you increased their altitude, and nothing more?

(The reason I ask is that my original understanding is you placed 3d boats on top of textured photos of boats.)

No. I never said such a thing. I am placing 3d boats on top of the satellite images of the boats.

Ok in this case I did understand correctly the first time. Thanks for your time.

(Perhaps you believe I asked you to place fewer boats? This is not what I asked for; I asked for the boat models to be optimized for the number of boats you’re actually placing.)

RTX2070 Super a low end PC? How can you say that ?
So this addon is great, really, like your 4 Seasons Addon, but at least acknowledge it can severly hit FPS when looking at the boats from a low altitude.
There is nothing wrong in admitting this, and it would show that you have some respect believing what your customers are saying.
This addon increases the number of objects tremendously and it makes sense to have FPS hits.
So maybe, an update idea would be creating 4 or 5 3D boat models with very low polygons especially for this kind of situations.

2 Likes

I have already mentioned TWICE that it may lower FPS. Please read first before accusing me of anything.

1 Like

Ok sorry, and about the update idea ?

I’ll make some changes and see if that helps.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear :ok_hand:

I have this mod and although not tested extensively yet, I took some short flights around Key West and Oslo and didn’t see any impact at all.

I’m also using a 2070 Super but at 2k rather than 4k.

1 Like

The Asobo boat models are supposed to be for leisure boat traffic, which comes down to seeing 2 or 3 of them at a time, not 700. I’m using the sim on a system that can run FS2020 at 40-60 FPS at Ultra settings with photogrammetry, weather and everything. When the performance drops from 40 fps to below 20 fps when looking at the marina, but runs perfectly fine in any other situation, it’s pretty odd to blame the system. I think it’s pretty obvious then, that less detailled boat models should be used to populate giant marinas.

I’m definitely not gonna spend more than a $1,000 just to make an overtaxing marina run well, when the rest of the sim runs fine. :wink:

4 Likes