Prop Control Levers

Hi, I have a problem with MSFS that has recently started with the prop control not staying where set for more than a few seconds. In this video example of the DC-3, on take off the levers fall back and the RPM drops after a few seconds making take off impossible. (see video link)

I notice there is a friction control lever below the DC-3 quadrant but that doesn’t help nor does the one on the Beaver…the levers on all planes move back uncommanded.

I only use the mouse to select the prop levers and there is no mapping to any joysticks so I am rather at a loss as to what it might be.

Quite bewildering as this only started today, this morning it was ok but it is now happening on the default Beaver too. I rebooted the sim and removed any recent additions from the community folder just in case but no joy. Seems like a setting somewhere but I cannot see anything obvious…the problem remains…any ideas?

Have you checked to ensure that the Piloting Assistance options are off?

Yes, just checked in case anything had activated itself but pilot assistance is off.

Did you check in the On Screen Menu, or in the Assistance Options?

1 Like

Thanks for the HU TheSevenflyer…made me look deeper on settings. Eventually I double checked my joystick (Saitek X52 Pro) and saw that (Propeller Axis) was set as ‘Joystick R axis X’ something that has always been apparently and I was unaware. Clearly today, my X52 Pro didn’t like it for some reason…never knew it had this assignment. So, removed it and Voila…problem sorted!

Thanks again for pointing me in the general direction. :wink:

4 Likes