Propellers and reprojection

I realized I’ve commented in the “My VR Index” topic but not here, so here is the info, so that it consolidates in the relevant topic:

ref: My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestions (Index - SteamVR) 🟢 - #556 by CptLucky8

The “hack” therefore is nothing else than raising the transparency of the rotating blade texture so that it has lees impact on the pixels. I’ve found empirically that changing the opacity of the texture to 64/255 is very effective in practice.

Besides, although it sounds like a “hack” I see this more as a needed change even in 2D: your eyes IRL don’t see the stroboscopic illusion FS2020 is rendering, only a camera is capturing such illusion IRL. In turn, in changing the transparency you not only solve and workaround the limitations of the motion smoothing technology, but you also cure the inaccurate representation (IMHO) of a rotating blade in the game.

Having said this it wouldn’t be hard for the game to do this for you automatically though:

• Enforce that aircraft modelers tag their rotating blades object as “rotating blades” (which they already do if I’m not mistaken so that the game can choose among a set of more or less blurry textures ‘matching’ the rotation speed)

• When in VR, automatically change the alpha transparency of the texture like we’re manually doing otherwise.