Proper group radio communications in multiplayer

As far as I can tell, in multiplayer there is no way to voice communicate with other people in your group, even if you all tune into the same frequency. In fact I can’t find any way to transmit any audio in FS. This should be an option for multiplayer.

13 Likes

I wonder what the purpose of MP (Live Players for example) is when i don’t hear other players on the radio if they are on the same frequency. At least that is what I expected. Everybody just acts like they are alone on the server. Collision should also be a thing!

10 Likes

I would also like to hear other people via the ATC. I’d rather not have collisions but make it an option to be able to turn off the proximity thing which makes planes too close invisible.

9 Likes

I think at least unicomm should work. I flew with a friend last night and we had to use discord to talk, which just sholdn’t be for a simulator like this

5 Likes

Actually I don’t mind using discord or teamspeak to talk to my friends.
But I really expected to hear other players on the ingame ATC. That’s a huge dissapointment to me.
Don’t think it’s that hard to programm and people would love it!

17 Likes

Really enjoying the new simulator and have already spent countless of hours on it just exploring.

I gave multiplayer a look and while I really like it, I feel like I’m detached from other players. Sure, I can see them, but I can’t communicate with them.

I would love to see a basic CTAF/UNICOM voice chat with push-to-talk functionality built directly into the sim. It’d help coordinate operations around airports and make the experience more immersive. It doesn’t have to be a true CTAF with airports having different frequencies or VHF radio signals slowly becoming more static as you fly farther away from the airport/traffic (can leave that to VATSIM). Instead, just have it separate from the aircraft radio system and make it so when you start transmitting on push-to-talk, anyone within a 25 (maybe 50?) mile radius can hear you.

Yes, Microsoft/Asobo has partnered with VATSIM, but VATSIM is more for IFR unless you are going to a dedicated VFR event. A simplified in-game CTAF would also appeal to the more casual gamer who may not be interested in VATSIM’s strict adherence to real world procedures, as well as the dedicated simmer who may simply want to go for a more relaxed flight not worrying about proper procedures either.

Just some food for thought. Thanks for all the hard-work put into this simulator so far. Looking forward to what’s to come!

4 Likes

Yeah that’s a big issue,I think. Without live and shared ATC frequencies there is basically no difference between the liveplayers mode and the allplayers mode. Honestly,whether online players are sharing the same weather with me or not is not the big deal. But if you are following atc correctly however you are still interrupted by someone when landing or on the ground, you can’t call this a " more realistic experience". The ATC is basically useless in multiplayers mode now.

7 Likes

Please allow players to communicate using the ingame radio systems so we don’t have to use external programs like teamspeak for atc.

Bring the community together… tho the ability to view players currently tuned to frequency to block say mic spammers or rude gits would also be needed

5 Likes

303/5000

Use Vatsim with VPilot in this case.

Register a Vatsim account:
https://www.vatsim.net/join
Follow the procedure and then download the application:
https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/download-required-software

There is a known FPS drop bug which will be fixed very quickly by Asobo / Microsoft.

You can see the other pilots / ATC connected here.
https://map.vatsim.net/#

2 Likes

I’m aware of vatsim same issue i have with other sims the game itself has this well flushed out radio system it should be bloody used not ■■■■■■■ about with external websites and applications having to daisy chain all these different programs to get something that should be in the sim.

4 Likes

If this was possible by default in game you’d have kids blarbing on the radio 100% of the time and it would be completely unmanageable.

2 Likes

Plenty of ways to manage it just one example i mentioned as a frequency monitor with the ability to mute others.

2 Likes

It’s an agreement between Vatsim and Asobo / Microsoft, there will be no change, at least not for the moment, I haven’t read that anywhere …

Vatsim is recognized, there will be no VoIp between players without using it
From memory, we can communicate in UNICOM (122.8 Mhz) within a radius of 15nm.

I agree on this point. Thank you for clarifying it.

1 Like

I think this is a great idea!

One way to get around the problem of people just talking away is have a menu option that allow’s you to identify those talking and abilty to mute them.

Unfortunately it will never be explored if they are that closely partnered with vatsim -_-

With the number of young people who play, it would be the discord, they would believe on a part of Call of Duty online to saturate communications.

Let’s be serious with Vatsim, novices will not need radio except the AI one, it should be improved …

Novices will not need it so lets just continue pissing about with the cluster of addons that made entry into the serious side of flight sim so restricted before -_- elitist nonsense

1 Like

I strongly disagree.
We currently use voice chat on Discord and have regular community events with 30+ participants.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I did not know that. Still i think it’s much better to have casual push to talk rather or even just a general chat rather than 3rd party stuff like discord…

3 Likes