PSA: Disable all traffic to prevent instrument, avionic, autopilot and other issues [UPDATED]

That’s great to hear! @Habu2u2

Always have ai and multiplayer traffic off. Tried all ground settings to 0 and still have problems. 172 g1000 and the Caravan mostly but any I’ve tried it’s always buttons ticking and avionics shutting off. Lately I’ve also noticed fuel only using left or occasionally right tank even if it shows set to both.

Seems to have been better, though I still had some issues.

AP was a little less buggy, and i never had any displays shut off. I’ll do some more flights tonight and see if it stay sthi sway with these settings. Seemed better but not by tooo much.

I’m affected and I’m on 1909. It’s definitely related to ghosts and how often you come across other planes of similar type in your flights. I’ve since applied the changes to disable the real world and make it a sandbox flight game and I’ve had no issues on my 2 flights. I also saw it auto-arming and setting my spoilers on the a320!

Ok, thanks for your feedback, guess it’s not a Windows issue (literally pulling stuff out of thin air right now!)

Keep doing what you’re doing, unless you really want to try something that will reproduce this. Stay away. This isn’t a horror movie where you need to wade into the horror. :grinning:

The more traffic you have the more chances some other plane’s and/or avioncis system changes will be applied to your plane. I was flying with offline traffic at 70 for all types, and ground traffic, and it was fairly easy to reproduce issues in King Air 350 and A320.

1 Like

Did you disable all types of other moving objects? I only did ground traffic and it wasn’t a complete fix although it helped quite a bit. Second time I tried I disabled everything that spawns or controls any moving machinery (ground aircraft, ai traffic in the air, cars, boats, ships, workers…). I’m going to slowly put some of the more puzzling things back in (like ships and workers) and see if the issues reappear.

It’s so lonely out there with all these settings off, but at least I’m at peace inside my cockpit.

1 Like

@Kjdsider2 I’m doing that now. Guess everything that has moving parts has a compounding effect, some big, some small. DucktapeEngineer on Reddit was pretty much right about disabling everything.

All this is interesting, I had seen reports of avionics going out but I had not seen it. A few nights ago, I flying the 152 and I turned on live traffic and the labels for other planes. Very shortly after that, I noticed that my comm radio #1 was dead. #2 was still functioning. My next flight, I turned the live traffic and labels back off (not because I suspected a connection, but just because that’s how I prefer to play). Haven’t had the issues again. So maybe something with live traffic or the labels? I’ll test again this evening.

2 Likes

It’s not the labels, disabled them with AI Offline at 100, still broke. Flight was fine up to that point.

1 Like

My guess and it’ll never be validated or proven wrong is that during their “optimizations” they started sharing something between the planes/cars/whatever, and did not manage to accurately make sure the contexts are switched when dealing with simulating other entities vs simulating the player’s entity.

Yeah, there was this comment in DucktapeEngineer’s thread on Reddit:

weird thing is… they didn’t have this issue at launch or patch 1.

1 Like

Tried putting all the three airplane traffic settings in General->Traffic to 100 and hanged around O’Hare in Chicago in DA62 (supposedly problematic for some) for about 15 minutes featuring a cold start at Meigs Field, heading towards O’Hare with heading autopilot and then doing a manual landing and taxiing around a bit. Didn’t see issues. I can try one of the large busy custom built airports tomorrow, but I doubt it will be different. Worth noting I have generic models ON for the AI traffic (in graphic settings).

1 Like

Perhaps they were trying to combat performance stutters by trying to streamline everything into one clump and it’s all gone a bit wrong?

Oh, interesting. I have that set to off. I’ll check that out.

Edit: Never mind, no difference. Thought that could’ve been a thing.

I also have generic models set to off. If it works with that off, i rather have traffic in the skys and airports than no traffic with nicer models.

Just curious if anyone has tried resetting all options to default? General and Assistance specifically. As annoying as that is I just did so and completed the flight I was on with no problems. Not a conclusive test at all it was only about 15 minutes but I figured I would let you all know and I will be testing another full flight here shortly.

I haven’t tried DA62. Frequently happening for me on A320 and King Air for me. Saw it in SoCal pretty easily heading down to SNA from the windmill area.

What was the route? Were you landing at a highly populated airport? Also, what aircraft were you in?