PSA: OpenXR Toolkit mod is not expected to work with SU10 during beta phase

I have uninstalled the Toolkit but still having problems with DX12/Quest 2 (color artefacts, crash). Are there some registry entries which have to be changed also?

DX11 working fine.

My specs are similar to yours, except Iā€™ve got a 3080, and yeah DX 12 is an absolute stutter / artifact fest for me with SU10 Beta. Iā€™ve tried so many different combinations of settings in game and with the toolkit and just canā€™t get it stable.

Iā€™ve just stuck to my normal settings with DX 11 for now and all seems good. Though I will say Iā€™m seeing a touch more wobble / artifacting with MR than I was in SU9 for some reason.

Did you try disabling FSR and NIS on OpenXR menu? Worked for me.
RT5700XT Reverb G2 Win 11

1 Like

If you uninstalled OpenXR Toolkit, then youā€™ve answered your questions: these issues are in the game, not OpenXR Toolkit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. No luck. I think it may be related to nvidia cards

Theres a dlss update available for the cards

Where exactly? The last nvidia driver was released on 06/28.

Folks please this is completely off-topic. Please make another thread for driver issues or SU10 settings.

3 Likes

curious - could you explain the interaction between DLSS and foveated rendering? how does it work?

does each resolution region receive its own DLSS pass?

There shouldnā€™t really be any. FR happens during the rendering, and doesnt affect the actual resolution of the target image, it just makes that some blocks of pixels are produced more coarsly than others. DLSS happens as post-processing, just like FSR/NIS have been the whole time. Thereā€™s only 1 such pass.

In essence, FR + DLSS is no different than FR + FSR/NIS that weā€™ve been using for months.

1 Like

On SU9 I was able to use FSR from the OpenXR menu with great results.

On SU10 Beta and DX12 when selecting FSR the graphics change to ā€œan appearance ā€œ of delayed headset tracking.

Is this to be expected right now?

Reverb G2
RT5700XT
R7 3700
32GB 3200
WIN 11

Iā€™ve seen your previous message but I havenā€™t had a chance to look yet. Itā€™s on my ToDo to investigate.

1 Like

Thank you @mbucchia , no rush.:grinning:

Btw. Is it possible to have more sharpnes option? I use 100% but Id like to set up more and I cant. It could be good if current 100% will be like 50% in the next version of Toolkit.

Thank you!

Btw. If we use DLSS (so default option in MSFS) can we have sharpness option too in Toolkit? Now its possible only with NIS/FSR.

that little reg hack works a treat mate thats a HUGE difference even without foveated rendering its as smooth as silk , not a single stutter anywhere frame rates are pritty good considering im running nearly everthing at max values.
keep up the good work bud that toolkit is worth its wieght as they say :slight_smile:

With Motion Reprojection on or off? I am tempted to try SU10 despite my bad experience with SU9.

What hack are you referring to?

Here:

mbucchia

I belive you can try today to add a registry key to fully disable Foveated Rendering

• regedit
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenXR_Toolkit\FS2020
  • create DWORD 32 bit named disable_interceptor
  • set value to 1

Not sure it work, but worth a try. Let me know if it works. If not, delete the key so you dont forget it!

If this works, this will fully disable all foveated rendering options, even with DX11, until you delete that key.

EDIT: Finally got to a PC, and the regkey does the trick for DX12ā€¦ as long as you donā€™t care for Foveated Rendering.

EDIT2: Finished investigation and I have a proper fix for DX12.

Is anyone else still using NIS or FSR with DLSS? It seems like it would be redundant, but DLSS by itself is a bit blurry for me, even on Quality, and with either of those settings turned on, it lets me use the Sharpening setting to get a good chunk of the sharpness back. There doesnā€™t seem to be much if any loss of performance - seems like I can get a pretty solid 40 FPS most of the time now.