PSA: Photogrammetry not loading quickly. a fix!

This may not be a cure-all for everyone but it sure did the trick for me.

Issue: Photogrammetry was not loading or needed me to circle an area for 2 minutes to load all textures and buildings. Network usage very low.

Xbox networking test app showed problems with NAT and Teredo, all fixes found in Microsoft docs and this forum only worked long enough to pass the test but no more.

Solution: While trying to solve an issue of slow connectivity on another game that arose from nowhere I did the following:

Opened up these ports in the router:

• Port 6672 (UDP)
  • Port 61455 (UDP)
  • Port 61457 (UDP)
  • Port 61456 (UDP)
  • Port 61458 (UDP)

Checked my computers IP with /ipconfigall on CMD and used that fixed IP on network properties (same place you change the DNS settings). Also copu the gateway and subnet mask.

I was pleasantly surprised that as collateral my MSFS is working as it should now loading all the buildings almost instantaneously.

So after months of troubleshooting with zendesk and by myself I fixed it by accident!

Hope it helps someone else.

Does not work for me unfortunately.

I’m sorry it didn’t work, did you try all the other things zendesk says about changing the nat and teredo?

I would STRONGLY recommend you edit your post by blocking out the IPs in your image.
Although most of us here are upstanding individuals, this is generally the kind of information you don’t want to publicly post.

3 Likes

Well of course but at least this works. This way I don’t have to sit idle while Microsoft/Asobo figures it out.

1 Like