Push back ICON A5 off of beachr

Hello,

It would be great to be able to push back off of a beach while in ICON A5. Currently pressing Shift+P doesn’t do anything.

I’d also love to see this - it’s a ton of fun to land near a nice beach and pull up near it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might wanna check this out this tool. https://flightsim.to/file/853/pushback-helper-v2-0

This has helped me to do a pushback from a parking where there’s no pushback available. Maybe it’ll work too on the beach in the Icon a5.

Would putting your gear down allow that to happen.
It did with the sort lived msflight. You could drive onto the beach, turn around and head back out…not sure if that’s realistic bust was fun on the Hawaiian beaches…

No reverse thrust on the A5?

Easiest way for me is to use the slew feature. Slew on. Rotate. Slew off. Take off.

1 Like

The sim wont let you put the gear down in water for some reason. Im pretty sure being able to do that very thing is one of the selling points that Icon pushes for the A5.

Nah, It’s got a fixed pitch prop to keep weight and costs down : / It also goes against the “simple & easy to fly” selling point of the aircraft since its one more thing the pilot has to worry about.

So I just tried pushing back again and it actually works! It just moves REALLY slow on the beach… Once the aircraft enters the water it speeds up dramatically.

Using a beached Icon a5 I simply requested a push back (Shift+P) and the plane started to move backwards (slowly). Once in the water just give it 30 seconds or so and you create enough space to turn the plan around using thrust/rudder.

SUPER fun!

2 Likes