Put destination airport on top of ATC menu

Often when you are close enough to contact a tower, the airport is on pages 3+ of the ATC menu.

Can we get it pinned to the top if it’s in our flight plan?

I would love it if the destination airport in the flight plan could be the first one to show up when you select “nearby airports” in the ATC menu. Often I’m pretty close to my destination and want to get approach instructions or listen to ATIS, but because there are so many airports nearby I can’t contact the airport I want. I guess I could look up and tune the frequencies myself but it would still be a nice convenience.

3 Likes

I’m surprised we are only at 4 votes. If it were a broken feature people would be up in arms I’m sure. :slight_smile:

Funny indeed that this has so little attention. Bugs me too to scroll to page 5 for contacting KORD tower just because pages 1-4 are full of tiny airfields. Either put destination on top or let me filter to show only ATC options for specific runway lengths or avoid/exclude grass strips when coming in with an airliner

OR, let us MANUALLY tune to the airport tower frequency

Yes!

Got me bad yesterday. I had manually tuned to ATC and then couldn’t contact the tower. I was approaching the airspace and the airport was still buried in nearby. I didn’t have enough time to prep for the approach I was given once I got the ATC menu configured.

Hardly any votes after all this time. :frowning: must be because it’s more of a VFR problem.

It might be something a 3rd part utility could accomplish. I’d love a page of frequencies for a given flight plan.

1 Like

It probably only overlooked and in need of a bit of promotion to get attention.

It would be a good quality of life improvement that most people probably don’t realize would help.

1 Like

How? When ATC always assigns the wrong runway 100% of the time. That’s why I want to tune to the tower manually so I know what runway to land at and since the airport list is very messy

@Hero24249829,
That sounds like a missunderstanding.
I’m in full agreement of this proposal. Voted.

My remark about “in need of some promotion”, which you quoted me on, was related to this:

I think if this suggestion was to be mentioned/quoted/linked in other threads (on appropriate occations), maybe more ppl would find it.

I agree but when reading the forums, I find that most people just turn it off due to its lack of functionality.

When you read those things in the forum, maybe theres your chance to reply with a link to this thread [edit] to let them know a proposal already exist [end of edit] :man_shrugging:t4:

There are alot of topics which annoy me a bit, but I dont have the time to write up and push for it in the forums. But if I find a proposal exist, I gladly grab the chance to cast my vote. Voting is quick and easy.

Just an idea. Dont want to drift off topic here tho.

We do encourage folks to vote, but the Code of Conduct prohibits posts asking for folks to vote on a particular item!

Noted. No intention of violating the COC.
Have edited my last msg to hopefully better reflect what I was trying to say.

That’s why I said it’s worthless to vote for something that people know never get patched. That’s why they turned it off.