[RELEASED] Wilga 35/80 Series | Got Friends

What he said! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Where is the button I like it? :laughing:

As many know, our roots are Freeware Development and Tutorials. Within those communities it’s detrimental to your survival to be upfront about development and to interact with your small amount of followers to ensure steady growth. Got Friends is very much still a small development team and many of us still have other responsities outside of Got Friends within the Simulator Community.

No marketing strategy here! Just pure enjoyment, enthusiasm, and ensuring our continued followers know exactly where every dollar goes!

You’ve all given us the opportunity to grow, earn some additional income in our rather mundane lifestyles, and its important to us to always ensure we are giving back whenever possible.

In time, we may grow beyond our control and our personalized support may change, but sending upfront honest updates to the community about our progression costs us nothing. You can expect us to always be invovled and honest for every project we touch in the future.

Thank you for your continued support!

22 Likes

I will purchase this aircraft.
I love that it’s a European STOL aircraft, even from Poland. Awesome !
This is a must buy from me a a virtual bushpilot.

6 Likes

10 Likes

PZL-104 Wilga 35A Update:

We are entering the final stage of the closed 35A Alpha Test. Upon completion we will move into testing the 80 Variants while we button up some loose ends on the 35A. Testing is going surprisingly well and everyone who has access is enjoying the aircraft.

GurtTractor has returned safetly from his time at Forwood Farms! He was able spend multiple days and multiple sound recording sessions at their local airstrip. A special thank you to Roger and his team at www.towplanes.uk for allowing us to visit and record his aircraft and surroundings.

We are now in the process of creating a custom sound pack for the 35A, 80, 80H, and 80P variants. There will be a ton of good work to share on this front and we will ensure to post a couple videos showcasing those sounds as they come.

This week, our team has been developing the 80/80H variant. As some of you may know, we are approaching the Wilga with avionics “Generations”. The 35A included factory Avionics. The 80/80H will include an older American Import Avionics Suite, while the 80P will include a variety of Modern Avionics to finish off an era of Wilga Modifications.

With that in mind, I would like to share a picture of our current 80/80H cockpit. Keep in mind, this is still a work in progress, but our team is fairly happy with the current results:

As we move into a new week of testing, I would like to remind everyone that The Flying Fabio and OohCando have planned a livestream reveal of the PZL-104 Wilga 35A on the 24th of September. We will post more information as time gets closer, but you’re not going to want to miss this community event!

We would like to personally thank all the Alpha Testers for their dedication so far and would like to share some of their best moments with you all here on the forums:

In other news, we have partnered with the Pilot Engineer Team (Where we obtained the original base 3D Model) to bring the PZL-104 Wilga 35A to X-Plane 11 & 12. We will be handing off the final 35A 3D Model over to their team to develop it as they see fit. Our team will provide some 3D Modeling support, but otherwise will leave their vision up to them. Excited to see this aircraft make waves on multiple fronts with multiple teams.

If you are interested in their side of development, please follow their journey here:

Until Next Time!

• Jonx
    Got Friends
34 Likes

Day 1 purchase! Wow. This is looking fantastic!

Is that STOL barge something that can be downloaded somewhere? That looks like a fun challenge.

1 Like

Teke it here Poland Plock STOL Barge Landing » Microsoft Flight Simulator, enjoy!

4 Likes

Have a good weekend everyone! More news next week!

Cheers!

25 Likes

Does anyone happen to know where this photo was taken???

6 Likes

Misty Moorings, Alaska, USA :slight_smile:

Happy to be a paying customer!

2 Likes

Happy Friday Everyone!

Gurt Tractor has been hard at work processing the upcoming sounds for the WWISE Pack. We decided to share a little Sound Demo for you all.

Keep in mind, these are not fully processed and not even close to the amount of sounds recorded. We still have a lot of days left with audio processing.

REMINDER: OohCando and Got Friends will be doing a special Livestream tomorrow where we do the 1st LIVE REVEAL of the Wilga during an Alaskan Bush Trip. We will be discovering some great scenery by our partner, Emerald Scenery Design and talking about/highlighting a ton of features! More information will be posted soon about the stream start time (Saturday, September 24th)

Enjoy this video and the Weekend!

21 Likes

Approved. You can release the Wilga now.

7 Likes

Not only does Gurt Tractor have an awesome name, he’s also an awesome audio engineer. Really high quality stuff right there.

2 Likes

i did what i never did before. set sound of youtube 100%(that i did, but only when flight) usally 15-25% and general sound from 66 to 99. that’s was loud lol but that’s was cool :slight_smile:

We were totally blown away with what he captured. Some of the dynamic range on those mics were insane. He got synced audio from the interior on his zoom while his dad was outside with the other F6. Great ground runs with the full RPM range, every last knob, switch, and handle we could imagine. Overall I think he said he captured a solid 95% of what was planned across the few days he was there. The last few items are ones he plans to folly with a few homebrew solutions.

Really excited to share more in regards to sounds with you soon but as you can imagine, recording across multiple channel for each mic, even just 1 hour could turn into 30 hours worth of items to sift through clean up, EQ and master.

8 Likes

LIVESTREAM TOMORROW
Official Gameplay Reveal
Special Bush Variant & Trip in Alaska

11:30am EST
Hosted by OohCando!

Twitch: Watch oohcando with me on Twitch! Twitch

10 Likes

Notice bush tires! Standard Wilga looks really nice with those kind of tires even if its not the Draco :blush:!

1 Like

Just a reminder to anyong following this thread, oohcando is live with the Wilga NOW!

2 Likes