[RELEASED] Wilga 35/80 Series | Got Friends

Maybe?! I’m just looking at his Twitch page. 8 hours and 32 minutes!

I’m gonna sift through it a bit, but definitely not going to watch the whole thing. If anyone has some timecodes with highlights it would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Here’s Rotornut’s perspective from that stream;

4 Likes

I am also not a huge fan of those 5h and 8h streams. Perhaps a 20-minute plane presentation would have been better. Anyway, Wilga looks great!!!

1 Like

The stream was fine for me. I dipped in a few times when I could and got a good sense of how it flies. I don’t mind the length when we’re already getting more info than most developers give about what they’re working on.

2 Likes

10 Likes

New Wilga 80X Monster Variant

• 35 Inch Alaska Bush Wheels
  • 400HP M-14PF Engine
  • Digital Cockpit

What more can I say!?

New Plans for the 35P/80P Variants

• 29 Inch Alaska Bush Wheels
  • 260HP M-14P Engine
  • Legacy/Midlife Steam Cockpits

(Pictured Above by @Mortthe2nd)

12 Likes

I know I’m a boring person, but didn’t know I was that boring! Haha

Anyways, if you have any ideas how how we could improve the current aircraft, our team is all ears…

Cheers!

EDIT: Also, friendly reminder for everyone. Although this stream was a first look, it wasn’t intended to be the “only” look. We have given OohCando permission to continue streaming the Wilga up to release.

If you would like more information, want to ask more questions about how it flies, or want to see the progression as we move from Alpha to Beta, please continue dropping into his livestreams and ask him to test stuff. He is very active with his chat and will be streaming the Wilga ALOT more in the future!

5 Likes

Hey don’t worry.

I’m interested in trying the Wilga, considered the Thranda version for XP but before buying I decided to wait for your MSFS version and then make a more informed purchase.

I also watched the stream, maybe I’m used to other streamers but it was particularly poor in content and information and it was long enough for some people to say “I’ve seen enough I’m no longer that interested”. In my case I took it with a grain of salt and my decision so far is to buy your product.

In case it helps I’m interested in the flight model and the STOL capabilities of the plane and how you guys modeled and tested those to produce an accurate model of the plane.
Goofy flying around just doesn’t do this or any product justice.

My 2 cents, not sure if they can be discounted when the plane is released.

1 Like

Keep in mind, this is just one streamer’s way of doing his streams, it wasn’t specifically a stream with the intent to inform potential buyers of everything the Wilga has to offer. It’s just Oohcando doing his bush flying shenanigans with his community like he always does, and seemingly loving every minute of it.

Live streams are probably not the type of content you’re looking for, and that’s ok :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is Wilga’s wing dihedral? It would be great to see some standard flight maneuvers during the stream to evaluate a flight model!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. In the future, we could try to do a livestream on our account with every member of the Got Friends team. We could literally sit on the runway and then stress test the aircraft with any and all questions recieved in chat. With developer mode turned on so you can see specific data points.

We are very confident that the Wilga is performing at 90% or higher fidelity across all 5 variants in terms of flight modeling in it’s current state. The exception being the float variant. We are currently working on custom water physics to over-ride Asobo’s current float physics.

As you can see in the video below, it’s a work in progress. This test, for example, had WAY too much “Tokyo-Drift”. This is a standard Asobo issue that we are currently in the process of fixing.

We have iterated this multiple times, but we stand by our claim that this is the most high fidelity PZL-104 Wilga 35A/80 Series to date. No other simulator or adaptation has come close to the amount of realism placed in engine systems, instrumentation, flight modeling, attention to detail and electronics simulation. It has been a major accomplishment for our team. Regardless of us maybe “oversharing” or not providing perfect “streams” in regards to the aircraft, we know at this point in testing that this aircraft is top tier. We obviously Hype up this aircraft, but I know this Hype is real. We try our best to share our open development with you guys, but at the end of the day, we will let the release become our voice. I know personally that you shouldn’t pass up this aircraft on release. However, PLEASE watch video reviews from your own trusted sources before purchasing. Nobody ever believes the developers now days, and I completely understand. If you love any of our past projects, I can guarantee this one is MILES above our old work and MILES above some of the work thrown to the community for much higher sales prices.

In other news, here is a full set of Alpha Pictures straight from this weeks testing:

12 Likes

Marketplace, Price & Timeline Decision!

Our team would like to share with you our latest decisions in regards to our distribution. Keep in mind, the timelines are rough and may slip depending on testing and development.

Alpha Testing: August '22 - September '22
Beta Testing: September '22
Release: October '22 (Est. Range)

Platforms:

• PC & Xbox (At the Same Time)

Marketplace:

• In-Game Marketplace

Price:

• $35

Includes:

• PZL-104 Wilga 35A (Factory with Skis)
  • PZL-104 Wilga 80 (Import with Skis)
  • PZL-104 Wilga 35P (Factory with Bush Tires)
  • PZL-104 Wilga 80P (Import with Bush Tires)
  • PZL-104 Wilga 35H (Factory with Floats)
  • PZL-104 Wilga 80H (Import with Floats)
  • PZL-104 Wilga 35X (Cusom STOL Monster)
  • PZL-104 Wilga 80X (Custom STOL Monster)
  • Forwood Farms by Emerald Scenery Design

Limitations:

• None. PC & Xbox Versions will work without any missing features.

Hopefully this post will put your many questions at ease. These decisions are final and not changing for initial release.

Cheers :beers:

22 Likes

Excellent! I think the flight model looked pretty darn good in the stream, even when I didn’t find a part in the 8+ hours (!) that specifically talked about it. They way the Wilga swayed in the airmass looked very organic and landings and take offs looked good too. I saw some heartstopping approaches.

I happen to be one of the few people who actually liked Tokyo Drift, but more realistic water physics would be fantastic! :wink:

The pricing seems very fair considering everything you offer. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

And the mentioned “Anti - Tokyo Drift” on water is making very promising progress. We are effectively augmenting the default MSFS water physics with our own and are pretty confident (read: entirely sure) you could pick a busy marina with piers and yachts and navigate your Wilga like a pro … without making a dent in anything expensive. Save you those insurance claims.

2 Likes

Good time for everyone to grab MamuDesign’s Marinas mod as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the main problem in MSFS right now. You can land on and take off from any body of water in a reasonable manner, but navigating to a specific spot and trying to dock is really bad and needs improvements, especially turning at lower speeds.

I don’t know if it’s even possible with MSFS, but I always loved the features of the A2A Piper Cub. The option to actually moor the Cub into position and especially the oar that allowed to move the Cub to the dock or away from it manually with the engine off.

2 Likes

Encrypted or not ?

Marketplace is always encrypted. I wouldn’t expect that to change. Great Question!

Edit: That being said, there will be a Public Paint Kit for easy access to the Model for 3D painting.

2 Likes

Spot on, and exactly why I pretty much stayed away from float planes. But now yes, you will be able to turn the Wilga very accurately, especially at very low speeds. Great idea about the engine-off mooring…I’m gonna toy with that!

4 Likes

My number one mod I believe…it just adds SO much to the sim!

1 Like