Q2/Virtual Desktop issue

Here’s what I do–

Start MSFS and get my flight all set up on the runway ready to take off…
Turn on Quest 2 headset…
Start Virtual Desktop Streamer on the PC…
Start Virtual Desktop on the Q2…
Start Steam and Steam VR on the PC…
CTRL-Tab into VR and have a great flight.

After I land I go back to the FS main menu and set up another flight, get it set up on the runway all ready to go…but when I CTRL-Tab, the PC goes to the double screen but my Q2 doesn’t go into VR. I have to exit out of Steam VR and restart it and only then will the Q2 go into VR.

So my question is, is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

1 Like

Press the hamburger button on the left Oculus controller to bring up the Virtual Desktop options, select “Switch to VR” on the left menu near the bottom.

1 Like

What scorpian007 said. I find that I have to do this any time I take the headset off and it goes into sleep mode as well.

To make things easier, what I do is start Virtual Desktop, Start Steam VR through VD. Open MSFS, and then turn VR mode on.

Found this the easiest way to get it going

So you open MSFS and get you flight all set up in VD? I always read that you should get your flight set up in 2D then open VD and VR.

Guess I’ll try it the other way next time. What’s the worst that can happen?

Thanks for the replies everybody. That solved my problem.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference. But you can set it up in 2D on your monitor, and when you switch to VR it will transfer to the headset automatically as long as SteamVR is running.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.