Quality of Life Suggestion: Remove the "Press any key to start"

+1 – This - I was going to come and post the same thing!

It doesn’t make any sense to me. Why would someone start the program if they didn’t want to… you know… Start!

2 Likes

yes please remove this

Agreed.It’s so out of place and odd. There is no coding reason for it, other than some code guy thinks it’s a cool feature, while he tells his mom what he did today at work.

1 Like

“Press Any Key” Screens have been the norm for hundreds of games for a while now. Although, I wouldn’t complain if they were removed.

Yes, please remove that ‘Press Any Key’. How about adding a small starting or loading indicator when we click on the FS icon. Having no indication of the program starting just doesnt make any sense.

1 Like

This press any key to start business is clearly out of the console world. I assume they have this for the PC so that the console and PC platforms would be the same. The problem is, it’s not needed, nor wanted on the PC. This is a good request to have it removed and I believe they will correct it at some point.

Easy fix for this would be a checkbox in the general settings SKIP INTRO CINEMATIC.

So those who want to skip it can do it, those who like it can keep it. A lot of games have a feature like this and it’s nothing wrong to skip the intro.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it at all - if the program would actually start.

I think we should add an extra button press or two to all the menu buttons: “Fly Now” --> “Are you Sure?” --> “Really?”

1 Like

The ego and self-esteem of ASOBO goes off scale :face_with_thermometer:

uhm… ok, but only if a pause of 2 o 3 minutes is inserted between each step…

AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

And this crooked path to the folder with the simulator! Normal people create a folder on the C drive. They probably tried to hide something from us.

Add this launch option to the .exe to skip videos: -fastlaunch

Have you run out of things to complain about? Seriously? You’re complaining about the “press any key to start” screen?

1 Like

“Theater starts with a hanger”
Give at least one argument why you need to interrupt the download before entering the menu
(and many advertising banners of our own company)
We need the minimum number of clicks and time to be in the cockpit at the desired airport.

Why not? It’s a stupid thing that would most likely be trivial to remove from a programming perspective. It would improve everyone’s experience.

I´m using a Warthog HOTAS setup and found that pressing the trigger on the joystick immediately works as “hit any key…”.

Normally a splash screen or landing page would sit just prior to the menu, not halfway between the loading and updating portions of the launch.

This is a completely valid complaint. You launch the game, have to wait 2-3 minutes to then get to the any key screen, then it enters the update screen. Why not transition straight to the update screen? What user benefit is there in an any key splash showcasing some scenes I’ve now seen countless times?

1 Like

The “press start” screen is a time honoured tradition.

Keep it

1 Like