Quest 2 vs Reverb G2

Yes thanks, one of the few things I have tried that I could see an improvement.

Ok nice to hear. But how big of an improvement is it on a scale 1-10?

Still strange that one needs Oculus software to tweak the HP this way… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes, comment more opinions, I am with the Quest 2 since yesterday, and I have doubts if stay with this or order a G2. I do not mind a better sound in the googles.

So,
-Is it real that the G" only look well in the middle and in the surrounding is much better Quest 2?

-Well calibrated, is real that noticeable improvement that deserve the change from Q2 to G2 for FS2020 if Q2 are well calibrated?

-Is real that the grid effect is still in the G2 like in the Q2? and there are not so clear like a 27" 2K monitor?

I have tried both.
The Quest2 is a nice headset and if you are a overall VR gamer this is the best choice for your money. Also the controllers are much better and for most games already correct binded. On the reverb this is a hell of work, if not unpossible :wink:

The G2 is a bit sharper and for sure nicer colours and brightner. Also the sound is a lot better. Screendoor is not visible for me. And yes the Sweetspot is somewhat smaller (I also use the VrCover mod) but for me good playable. Move your head not your eyes, becomes quick second nature.
As a flightsimmer (mostly) I bought the G2. Yes, It is better for flightsim. I also use a yoke and throttle quadrant for flightsim. And “Alyx” is also playable :wink: but dont use it for Beatsaber.

If you already have a Q2 , my advice is not to switch (wait for the next generation). The (small) difference is not worth it.

With both headsets i struggle a lot to get the correct performance. Both need a good PC and video card. (i have a 9700K and 2080). With oculus traytool (Q2) and latest openxr tool and WMR update (G2) set to lower the resolution (60 procent), i get a playable 20-25 FPS on both headsets.
For now i love to fly the flyinside bell47 in VR over the recent Benelux update.
Happy flying.

4 Likes

Really thanks for your value opinion.

Thanks it is good to hear from someone who has tried both you may have saved me £500

1 Like

Great Video I have the Hp reverb g2 and I’m constantly having issues some days it’s ok some it’s just hell to get it going. I will say I’m on HP Omen 15 laptop which has great performance but my flight sim is not really clear the cockpit is ok but outside everything is blurry if I set the render scale o anything above 60 it just stutters the whole time that’s why i started researching the ocolous quest this morning to see if that’s better since no computer is required. But my question is to you would it make sense to just get a computer does the graphic card make a difference in VR? I’ve been through most of your YouTube videos regarding settings and still not getting the full potential

Cheers, yea you really need a 3000 series card to push VR.

Okay thank you for the response then pc upgrade it is thanks for the help

The Reverb G2 is way better for MSFS2020 vs. the Quest 2!
There is no blur with the Reverb.

1 Like

I have the Quest2 and by blur do you mean wavy lines the “shimmy” back and forth when looking at the instruments and in the distance? I have that issue and I can’t ever find a solution. Even with the timewarp on/off nothing seems to work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.