Quest 2, weird FPS Problem

Hi fellow Pilots,

i am having a strange FPS Problem with my Quest 2, i run a Ryzen 3600 @4200, 2080Super 32gb 3200 ram. On 72hz and 1.4 in Oculus i have constant 36 FPS with c152, Spitfire and mb339. Everything is perfect and i can fly for hours without CTD or any problems. When i leave vr and set up a new flight the FPS drop to 9-11 FPS the moment i switch back to vr. The highest i can get is 18fps after a few moments. This is exactly half of the FPS i usually have. Sometimes it hepls to disconnect the link cable and close the Oculus App and reconnect. But most of the time i have to restart the sim because i cant switch to vr anymore. It makes no difference if i run the sim in Windowed or fullscreen mode. Has anyone else experieced this problem ?

Regards
Michael

Yes, not exactly the same but almost.
For example when i boot MSFS and the intro is sluggish i know, my VR performance will be a down for about 60%. My only option is to close MSFS and restart it (reboot of the computer is not needed).

Till this day i don’t know what it is, but it happens to me for about 80% of the times when i want to play flight simulator. I first have to close the game and start it up again.

This problem occured after WU4. Already changed my GPU drivers, but no result. I hope the upcoming update will solve this.

my system:
Ryzen 3700x
64GB
3080 MSI Ventus
Oculus Quest 2 (Steam VR)

MSFS has always been inconsistent for me. Nearly each launch give a different result on CPU and GPU usage. Even restarting a new fly like you describe, sometimes just going on menu, lowering an option and back and you have a worse result, etc.

I only have the 3 first online feature turned ON (no live traffic, no multiplayer and no live weather), that help, but it’s not enough.

1 Like

Same here!

Any solutions?

i havent found a solution yet. I hope the performance Update next week will fix it.

1 Like

Same problem here.

for me, the problem has been solved with the last Update. My Framerate stays stable…

I had problems with my Quest 2’s FPS i found it was Bullguard anti virus, after uninstalling it the headset and sim runs fine…

Goodnight.

I have a problem with Quest 2.

Initially I open the Oculus app and connect the Airlink via the original cable. After I open MSFS, so far everything is normal.

I start the flight with normal, if I have to go back to the desktop or disconnected quest 2, when I return, I have a horrible drop in FPS, where it is impossible to continue the flight.

The only solution is to restart MSFS.

Does anyone know if you have any solution for this problem?

I don’t use any other program, just OCULUS APP and MSFS.

tks

What seems to have cured it (mostly) for me;

• enable rolling cache and set it to something very large.

• at the same time, lower your per pixel override to something very low

Go for a fly around for a few minutes and see if it’s smooth, if so, set the above values back to what you prefer.

I’m thinking that maybe the cache is not really getting activated after the su5 update, unless it’s value is changed substantially.

This dramatically improved my stutters/ jitter / rubber banding on HP reverb g2

I’ve now also set a FPS cap specifically for msfs.exe (nvidia control panel) just above the minimum fps required for motion reprojection on the reverb g2, which is 22.5fps (i’ve set it to 23). This appears to have smoothed it out just a tad more

This is exactly the Problem i had… But the last Update solved it for me. But i also deleted the rolling cache, maybe that helped as well

I cleared the cache and nothing changed.

I do not know what else to do.

Unfortunately it’s very disheartening, I start with the oculus and when I shoot it crashes!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.