Quest VR issues. Switching slows both 2D and Quest PC Link to 2FPS or less. Unstable!

Has anyone been having issues with Quest 2 on MSFS (PC link or Air Link) where switching in and out of VR during a flight borks BOTH the Quest 2 (Oculus app NOT the native headset) AND MSFS FPS. My headset goes blank black or shows a, once very few seconds partial image and the MSFS is down to 1-8 FPS in 2D.

This only happens in MSFS no other apps. Whether it’s steam based, native oculus or anything else.

Any ideas??

Rick

2 Likes

@RotorRick00

Hi, yep it’s happening to me too sadly. It looks like a few threads are beginning to appear in the VR category about this now, unfortunately.

I never experienced any type of issue like this prior to SU10. I’m using a Quest 2, official link cable, with an RTX3070, and MSFS on steam.

Tonight I tried switching to airlink out of curiosity (still had the cable plugged in for charging purposes) and it seemed to run fine. Mind you, I didn’t enter and exit VR too much. Will do more testing tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

I also have a copy of virtual desktop on the Quest 2 (but I don’t use it because I could never get good performance from it with MSFS). I’ll also try it tomorrow too, just out of curiosity.

Cheers,

It’s very frustrating as I really only fly in VR these days. It was working fine… and now it isnt

Aggravating!

Rick

for me the same try Tray Tool and set ASW on and and than off this helps for i dont know why…

I also can Play with DLSS and set Super Sampling 1.5 or higher this brings me Clear Displays and Good FPS. Iam on 7700k and 3060TI

Did more testing today and still appear to be having trouble with Oculus Link. But Airlink runs well, surprisingly. And I can leave the link cable plugged in so the headset remains charged which is good.

I updated my graphics driver to nvidia 517.40 (studio version) and also switched Oculus to the public beta. Neither seems to have fixed the oculus link issue yet, for me anyway.

Will try more testing again tomorrow with the link cable, as I prefer it over airlink (I notice the front of my Quest 2 seems to get a bit hotter when I use airlink).

Cheers,

I noticed that airlink looks a bit lower quality than usb… and mine isn’t stable either way. Please let me know what your findings are. Seems silly that it worked well, now doesn’t.

Rick

Happened to me too multiple times. Quest 2 airlink turning on and off causing huge FPS drop

No luck so far with Oculus link, unfortunately.

• Today I tried switching audio to headphones (instead of Oculus built-in) and did this both in Windows and the sim. Didn’t make a difference.

• I also tried playing with the Oculus Debug Tool (toggle console visibility) set to enabled. Again, no change.

• Also tried entering and exiting the Oculus Public Beta channel. No difference, unfortunately.

I’ll keep trying things to see if I can get it to work, it’s sad that SU10 seems to have broken Oculus link all of a sudden with the Quest 2.

Cheers,

I have similar issues with SU10. See this link for more information.

This is happening to me on DX12 using Link with the Oculus. When I exit out of VR, it’s curtains. The frame rate drops and can’t recover. I suspect it’s because of the the VRAM getting overloaded or some other bug which makes reentering VR an issue.

Using DX11 I have no problem switching between VR and 2D.

Oh I followed your advice and got my hands on a headset :slight_smile:

Now I’m in the tinkering phase figuring it out what resolution/fps works best for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.