Question regarding Checklists in your flights?

Hi there, Do you guys use the in-game checklist or the printed checklist in your flights? Any info is greatly appreciated. TIA

Printed checklists? I guess that’s a no. If I use one at all, it’s the one in the sim, but typically only if learning an unfamiliar aircraft.

1 Like

Printed checklists? The ones from Flightsim.to

I’m primarily flying the SWS PC-12 right now and I definitely use printed checklist only. I do not use the in-sim checklist.

1 Like

I’m using Voice Attack to read through checklists. I downloaded a profile from msfsaddons that reads from text files (that you can customize). You say “begin startup checklist”, for example, and she reads through it line by line. After each line, you say “check” and she’ll move onto the next line, or “repeat”.
Fly with a virtual co-pilot that will audibly call out your checklists in MSFS - MSFS Addons)

2 Likes

Always printed, I mainly use JayDee’s from flightsim.to

I print them, laminate them and then use a single hole punch in the corner with a metal loop to keep it together.

2 Likes

Using the in-game checklists can cause a really annoying issue: if you have it in a popped out window in a secondary monitor, and the checklist is the active window, then your flight controls won’t work until you click on your main FS2020 window.

I have my laptop aside with the checklist open (using OneNote app), running Windy, SkyVector and Metar-Taf as well.

The checklist is made by myself when I’m starting to learn about each aircraft I fly…

1 Like

I created my own checklists that omit some points that dont make sense in the sim and add others that are needed only in regards to my personal control setup. I printed and laminated those and … rarely ever use them because I mostly have everything memorised.

1 Like

I’m more interested in flying than running through never ending checklists containing steps not necessary to fly the a/c in MSFS but here’s my general process:

1. Fumble around on my own and discover what it takes to fly the a/c.
  2. Research YouTube IRL Pilots operating the same type where possible and polish my process.
  3. Create a spreadsheet check list of all the steps to operate the a/c in sim. This includes which controller profile, any Simbrief notes etc. and also any differences between ILS and RNAV approaches.
  4. Continue flying and enjoying the a/c and only referring to the spreadsheet when I’ve had a prolonged break and need to refresh my memory.
1 Like

I’m like the two above in the sense that I don’t like to have printed lists verbatim from online that contain steps that aren’t in the sim. If the pre-flight checklist has twelve steps, then I want to have twelve steps to perform. So I consolidate the steps into items that can be actioned and put them in an MS ToDo list. Of all the things I’ve tried, that app seems to work best for me.

I use Axis and Ohs to do basically the same thing but AAO also can check switches and automatically go on to the next item if you set it correctly. If not, AAO will repeat the checklist item.

1 Like