Race Friends | Round 7 | DoubleEnder | Gran Canaria STOL EVENT

Race Friends | Round 7 | DoubleEnder | Gran Canaria STOL EVENT

Race Friends is a bi-weekly celebration of Got Friends amazing aircraft. At each event we will fly a different Got Friends aircraft, with locations picked and designed to suit the abilities and theme of each one and to promote close group racing.

Round 7: DoubleEnder
Gran Canaria, Spain

DATE & TIME: Sunday 27th August 2023 at 4:00pm Zulu / UTC
AIRCRAFT: DoubleEnder
SERVER: South East Asia
REQUIRED: 100% Fuel // Any Default Livery
MODS REQUIRED: Please install the mod below if you can

I suggest we switch one of the screens to the Competition (rolling distance) display so we can read out our results after each leg.

The full Calendar schedule is available on the official website: www.racecraftgames.net
(subject to change for improvements if new aircraft or tracks become available)

SERIES INFORMATION:
  • Races held every other Sunday
  • A schedule of Fun, Friendly & Exciting racing at stunning locations around the world
  • Fly a different Got Friends creation (payware and freeware) at each event, designed around the abilities of the aircraft
  • Full Event Calendar (with over 1 year of events planned) published on the official Race Friends website: www.racecraftgames.net
  • See the Race Rules on the official website or below
  • Open to everyone - Xbox and PC!
GENERAL RULES:
1 Have fun!
2 Install the event mods (if listed).
3 Default liveries only!
4 100% Fuel!
5 Weather = Live / Time = we always try Live Time (except Astro ONE races will be in dark) but see event post to check / Multiplayer Settings = All Players
6 Disable damage (if you want)
7 Don’t cheat! You are only cheating yourself as your mum would say
8 If you crash out, you can SLEW back to life or back to the group
9 Some events will have some specific instructions, hints or more info about the course, so please do read the intro posts before the event.
10 Again, have fun! That is the MAIN RULE :slight_smile:
ABOUT RACE FRIENDS:

After countless hours picking and testing locations, I’m happy to present the Event Calendar of upcoming events on the website above. You can also download a PDF of the schedule. There are simply not enough weeks to visit all the places I would like, so this is a cherry picked variety, fitting the abilities and “theme” of each aircraft.

I am also in the process of learning the SDK for scenery creation, so for some events I will make additional Custom Scenery Mods and share the downloads, which will really just be some simple pylons, gates, slaloms and markers to make the course more fun, more easily visible and fairer for everyone to see and follow the same route.

Whilst everyone is more than welcome to join with Xbox or PC, be aware that some of the events will be much more suitable for PC players. Due to the use of Mods it may end up not so clear or interesting if you are on Xbox, but you should be able to follow the group and get to know the courses that way. Also some events will be using Freeware aircraft unavailable on console, but you are more than welcome to join in a similar type of aircraft that you own.

It’s all just for fun, so we won’t take the racing too seriously.

I am open to any suggestions or changes you may have (such as change of start times, different locations or whatever) so don’t be afraid to ask!

Events may be subject to change if a better alternative comes along so please double check before the event starts.

Join my Discord for more info, chat, voice at the events and to get notifications of future upcoming events:

Visit the website for more information: www.racecraftgames.net

Looking forward to see you “on the grid”!