Rain hitting the plane no longer makes sound

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Sound of rain on the plane no longer plays since SU10 Beta. I flew 2 separate flights in the rain with the SR22 and with the Kodiak. Rain was coming down in sheets but made no sound hitting the plane. Rain sound works in SU9.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not Applicable

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

anywhere

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

any time

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly in the rain

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 5950X, RTX3070Ti, 64GB RAM, Honeycomb Alpha / Bravo, Logitech pedals

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

No raid sounds in any aircraft i tested

Did you try the C172 G1000 by any chance? So far with the beta I’ve spent most of my time in that plane and I think rain sound worked ok. I’ll try again this evening and edit this post with more info if required.

Update - Rain sound working fine with the above plane. From both cockpit and external view. No idea why.

So far I’ve flown in the rain:

• Kodiak
  • SR22
  • Bonanza
  • Baron
  • C310

So 2 3rd party and 3 MS planes. No sound of rain in any of those. Haven’t tried the C172.

3 Likes

Maybe you are flying in a soft water area…. :crazy_face::wink:

4 Likes

Soft water, isn’t that called snow? :wink:

I updated my last post with the results of my C172S test. I will also try some planes you listed, if I have those.

I can confirm that the Fenix A320 I hear rain hitting the Aircraft. it is quiet as it sounds like rain rather than hail now.

I am hearing rain in the Bonanza as well as the C172S. Here are my sound settings, and I’m using headphones:

Heard it in the fenix yesterday as well, maybe the levels need to be adjusted since they are a per plane thing.

slightly off topic but i have noticed the beautiful rainbows are no longer present

I’ve just loaded up into a Baron, and I DO hear the rain.

Today I flew the DV20 with the Storm preset. Could hear raindrops, and saw a rainbow as well.

Next time I’ll try with the SR22, G36 and G58 then report back.

Like so many things in the sim, this seems to affect some folks but not others. Despite all my volume settings being maxed out, I hear no rain regardless what plane I’m in. Even sitting on the apron in a rain storm, it’s completely silent. It’s not just an in flight thing.

No

I gave the SR22 a quick hop in the rain. Heard rain hitting the plane on the ground and in the air (at least when I was actually in an area where I was visually getting rain). I passed through several areas where the rain stopped, and the sound correctly stopped too. When I reentered rain, the sound came back.
Other than having active spatial “on”, my sound settings look just like HethrMasn. It’s a mystery!!

N/A

1 Like

@Crunchmeister71 curious are you using any add on that might have audio with it like fsrealism, maybe that is interrupting the sounds from the sim… just a thought to try and figure out what is going on.

Couldn’t reproduce it with the SR22, G36 and G58 either.

Sitting on the apron in the Caravan in the rain and I hear it.

Still haven’t found a plane where I can hear the sound of rain. Was sitting on the apron in pouring rain earlier and heard nothing indicating it was raining.

in a TBM930, the rain bangs loudly against the sheet metal.