Rain, Icing Inside Cockpit in VR (right-eye only)

Nice to see that Microsoft feels that this is an important issue “not” in their snapshot they’ve issued this problem with a TBD. Just beggars belief

Here too g2 3070

Very annoying for sure!

1 Like

Ya, it used to be perfect, and was really immersive in VR. Now it just looks really lame…

Hope this is fixed in SU8 as right now i feel like having a umbrella on my head as well as a winter jacket

1 Like

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Windshield Icing is showing inside cockpit, only on right eye in vr. Tried in both Srock Diamond Da-40NG and DA-62
Right eye only.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Flying in winter, real world weather enabled.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
Win 10, RTX3060Ti, HTC Vive

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU7.
[/quote]

This still is not fixed and doesn’t appear in the known issues or development roadmap.

Are any of the forum mods able to get an update or confirm this is a known issue.

3 Likes

Replicated w/ Reverb G2 on 1.22.2.0

Fixed in the latest SU8 beta!

Thank you.

5 Likes

I can also CONFIRM…The rain & icing bleed into the cockpit in VR right eye seems to be fixed for me too in the SU8 beta!

My only worry is since it’s not listed in the SU8 Beta notes as “fixed” and yet it is STILL listed in the 02/10/22 VR Feedback Snapshot (with just 96 votes) as “Not Started” that perhaps whatever they “inadvertently” broke that caused the problem in the first place has now been “inadvertently fixed” without them being aware of what it was to begin with? Which begs the question of whether it could get “inadvertently” broken again?

So if anyone at the Asobo dev team reads this… PLEASE TAKE NOTE: YOU FIXED THIS. But do you know how or why it got broke and/or got fixed? Maybe they actually do and it was a last minute addition that didn’t make the SU8 beta notes or get removed from the “to do” list? Hmmm.

Either way… I’m psyched. For a while at least, we can fly in thunderstorms again with the full visual fidelity of a cozy dry cockpit atmosphere.

1 Like

This wouldn’t be there first time they fix something without knowing it. They fixed reflections not being rendered in the left eye a while back but in the snapshot, it’s still under investigation…

One thing is for sure, They need more Devs/Support staff to give us VR flyers a better time…Every SU breaks things or not being fixed from a previous update for us. Its Like 2 steps forward one step back.

1 Like

Problem fixes with SU8 for me, too.

1 Like