Ram air turbine on crj700

Anyone know the location on flight deck so I can turn it off? Somehow I accidently turned it on after rotation lmao.

Searching online now but currently can’t find anything.

just found this re ram turbine on CRJ-

Look in the EFB for an “ADG” (may be called that versus Ram Air Turbine).

1 Like

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft as this seems to reference a third party aircraft. The #sdk-discussion:sdk category is more for discussion regarding the software development kit (SDK).

Thanks everyone!

I checked the EFB and it says stowed. Checked up top and the ram is closed. The ADG lever on bottom center is also stowed.

Must be a bug this time around. It’s gonna be a noisy flight to KCLT lol

Once deployed, it can only be restowed on the ground. The sim CRJ emulates that. The EFB stow option only works on the ground

In r/w It is a p.i.t.a. to stow, and takes two people.

1 Like

Yes I noticed upon touchdown. Love the detail in this aircraft. Well done!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

P.I.T.A as in because if you say Pain in the ■■■■ you get Pain in the block block block…

I have to say that there are some words a two year old child would say…

I loved this post… I came so close of posting my experiences of this exact same problem I accidentally came across…

Did some flight in a Skywest livery doing some FIFO from some outback mine to Perth…

It was a time in my recent life where I finally decided to learn this expensive dust collector being the CRJ and I followed a real good tutorial and I was in that stage of doing everything including the safety checks… (Now I mean… I don’t activate failers and if it saves me minutes not doing every single safety checks… you know…)
Anyway, I decided to pull random buttons in that vicinity not knowing what they did… (A youtube tutorial said "don’t touch those… no need… just visually check them…) Anyway I touched them, forgot what way those switches went and went ahead with my flight…
Almost immediately after take-off this whinny high pitch sound came from nowhere…
At first I thought it was outside… As in the “real outside…” that strange place where we simmers don’t venture too much anymore… Where you either get skin cancer or hyperphermia… you know that place…
Then I thought it was my laptop and I had a mini panic attack… I then thought maybe it’s my actual aircraft and it may be the flaps I had… I went outside… the outside in the simworld…
That’s when that sound got real loud and I saw!!!
Gosh I spent lots of google searches and was going to post on here about a bug where by I was playing with switches and this thing happened and now I push these same buttons and it wont retract… must be a aerosoft lack of “real world” modeling…
As you have just pointed out… It is a real world modeling and that you have to physically stow the thing!!!

Glad someone else replicated my same mistake

Thanks for this. I resumed a flight mid-air and it dropped on me, can’t seem to stow, thanks for letting me know, I also really love snow.