Random CTD no error message 5-45 mins into flight

After weeks of experiencing zero CTD events, I got seven or eight in a row yesterday, in the same A/C, at the same place on the map. So, I did what I’ve done in the past (this is the fourth time I’ve resorted to this fix… it’s a lot of work.)

1. Go to Settings; select Apps; scroll to Microsoft Flight Simulator. Click on the title and then click on Advanced Options in blue.
  2. Along the left-hand side you should see options that look like the screenshot below.
  3. Click Reset… you should get a check mark once that process is complete.
  4. Start Flight Sim using “Run as Administrator.”
  5. Now for the fun part: the entire base code will reinstall. (I do this overnight, because it takes some time to complete even with a fast connection.)
  6. Once complete you’ll need to open Content Manager and reinstall the A/C and options you want. Depending on how fast your internet is and how much content you want, this can also take some time to complete.
  7. Quit Flight Sim and reinstall clean copies of each mod you use. Make certain they’re the “latest and greatest” so as not to cause any issues.
  8. Restart Flight Sim and - hopefully - you will be able to fly without CTD events.

It’s a hassle, but this method has worked for me every time.

To test the results, I flew the exact same route in the same A/C today: no CTD event.

Good luck!

:grinning: