Random Screenshot Megathread 3

I liked this bit of coastal Burma, take off or land on VYDA

Yangon

3 Likes

Moorea, a volcanic island in French Polynesia

14 Likes

11 Likes

Old “Bird Dog” turning onto final at the Outskerries (EG78) lighthouse.

10 Likes

Nice, the light rotates, eh? good catch!

2 Likes

That’s how I would imagine my work on a airport on a snowy morning

10 Likes

Man, the transall is sexy as ■■■■. Everybody who see it in reallife would agree, the only thing better is the c130

I love the fifth picture!

2 Likes

Two Cubs overnight

Long light exposure works well in the sim

18 Likes

12 Likes

Sightseeing Fort Lauderdale by Hughes :wink: :100:

8 Likes

Thanks, man! I gotta admit, I like the C-160 even better than the C-130. I have a personal connection with that aircraft too. I wasn’t around it much in person, but I was a dispatcher for the air transport command of the German Luftwaffe (LTKdo).

I kept track of the departure and arrival times of the C-160 all over the world (mostly the humanitarian missions after the Bosnian war). I also assigned cargo to the daily cargo commute from North to South Germany and vice versa.

The livery in that post up there belongs to the LTG 63 (Luft Transport Geschwader 63 = Air Transport Squadron 63) and I probably tracked the departure/arrival times of that very aircraft quite a few times myself, although I don’t remember all tail numbers. It was almost 30 years ago!

Here are a few more shots of that beauty:

14 Likes

8 Likes

12 Likes

Thanks for the nice story, I live in Baden Württemberg and remember back when I was a kid seeing the transall everyday on its cargo mission.

Last time I saw one was in Speyer at the technik museum. They even started the engines! It was great to witness. It flew for LTG 61

Next time they start it is planned for October this year

Flying in Ghana, over the largest artificial reservoir in the world, Lake Volta

6 Likes

Beautiful approach to Flesland, Norway. Did the full auto land for the first time, I was surprised how smooth it went.

For the moving images:

4 Likes

10 Likes

14 Likes

Busy night in Miami

2 Likes

Around King Salmon, Alaska

11 Likes