Re-install ALL

hy guys.

after a CDT with error message (somethinks about write ) now the sim want to re-install every 164 gb.
with my internet speed i need 2 days.
from the first day i need to do these for four time.

there are some way ?? why they ask me these ??

Point the launcher to the folder where you installed the sim originally, and it should work again!

Was this with the update because the new patch made my entire game uninstall so maybe it’s the same thing?

I have installed DVD MSFS 2020 in my computer for three months.
Recently, the Windows 10 system was crashed and the MSFS 2020 was
damaged. Now I reinstall DVD MSFS 2020 on new Windows 10 system,
however, when I redeem the code and get the message: the redeem code has
existed. Please you help me: What should I do for the redeem the code?

THANKS!

Dengxie

@yindengxie search for an existing topic on your issue, or open a new one in #bugs-and-issues if one does not exist. Please do not hijack other people’s posts

hy tnx for your hepl.

i find the original sim folder , i find the launcher , i click on these but never change. the sim ask to reinstall 166 gb.

What version do you have? Gamepass, MS store or steam?
And where did you point the launcher to? It should point here:

MS Store

C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

Steam

C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\

custom install

If you happened to use a custom location for your Flight Simulator installation, then proceed there. Example: F:\Flight Simulator\

Still can't find it?
  • While running MSFS 2020 do the following:
  • Go to Options / General
  • Click on Developers which you will find at the bottom of the list on the left
  • Switch Developers Mode on
  • On the Dev Menu select Tools / Virtual File System
  • The community folder location can be found under Watched Bases
  • Go up one (1) folder from here

i have bought on steam.

i try but dosnt find Microsoft.FlightDashboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder…there are’nt.

i have launcher in :

c / program x86 / steam / steamapps / common / microsoft flight simulator

Is there a folder similar to that, but with another suffix? So Microsoft.Flightdashboard_xxxxxxxxxxxx

No, you should locate the folder that has the official and community folders in it. Then click on the launcher in your steamapps/common/msfs(or chucky) folder. This is the same as clicking ‘play’ on steam. If you het to the welcome screen, where it asks you to install, click ‘browse’ (or select folder), and point it to the folder with the other files in it