More Physics, More Real Winds

Read the document, Published above. And whenever you don’t understand something, ask politely - “can you please explain to me, why does it stress the landing gear? I don’t understand.”

I read it and it’s apparent that you didn’t comprehend what you’ve read.
Or I’ve missed that (for me) hidden part…where is it?

Man, yes, I am sure you have better things to do, in this thread out of 500 total posts the OP has posted probably 300 of them telling everyone he knows better than anyone, why don’t we let him feel this way and move along, what a waste of time…

1 Like

Ok, I admire how you dig deep holes for yourself and manage to climb back out, so I’m going to give it one last try. Happy that we came to the core of the problem / misunderstanding after 450+ posts…

Side-slipping does NOT mean slipping sideways over the runway, making a side-slipping crosswind landing means you are landing with zero crab (like you are showing us in your videos, that is a side-slip). If you would do the same technique without any wind you will see why it is called a side-slip because you will be slipping sideways through the air.

So to sum up, a crosswind landing can be zero-sideslip which means fully crabbed, or no de-crabbing before landing, or a crosswind landing can be fully side-slipped which means landing with zero crab.

Hope that makes sense. Now I have to run before I crab my pants and miss my crab (oh wait, the word cab is not against community guidelines). :joy::+1:

4 Likes

Keeping my fingers crossed! Excatly my thoughts.

1 Like

Please enlighten me? you have read page 192? Please read carefully, in the exam you can’t say I dismissed the paragraph or forgot the stress on the landing gear, or while flying, you can’t inform God, I forgot that too much stress with side slip! caused damage to my gear and fire to the engine.
In addition, I think it would be quite a challenge to convince users who are attached to their beliefs.

No offense sir. Just curious if you’ve got a ATPL. If you have, then you are a real airline pilot. If not, is there any chance to fly 737 without ATPL? Hard to imagine.

This is a side slip:

This is a crab:

1 Like

You can fly 737 as first officer with a CPL, at least in Europe you can…

1 Like

Did you read/comprehend what @anon50268670 just posted?

During a side-slip touchdown the fuselage is perfectly aligned with the runway.
There’s zero lateral movement at touchdown, no sideloads and hence no stress on the landing gear.
That’s why you keep the wing low, to avoid that the aircraft drifts sideways across the runway.

2 Likes

So in other words you tagged along, as I thought. Good day to you sir, I recommend you demonstrate some of that “humbleness” and listen to the genuinely experienced pilots above taking the time to teach.

1 Like

Most Airlines flying Jets, Require ATPL.

I disagree. The flight dynamics engine of MSFS 2020 is powerful. But the cfg files are awful. See for example:

induced_drag_scalar = 1.5 ; 1
flap_induced_drag_scalar = 1.5 ; 1
“a value between 1.2 and 1.5 is usually fine. If this value is above 1.5, the plane will generate a lot of drag at slow speed, and if the value is closer to 1, it will glide very easily at slow speeds.”

pitch_stability = 0.05 ; 0.5
roll_stability = 0.05 ; 0.5
yaw_stability = 0.05 ; 0.5
“You need to enter a value that is higher than zero for backwards compatibility with the legacy flight model, and you can enter 0.01 - for example - if you want only the minimum friction. If the plane has more inertia, you can enter higher values.”

The Asobo documentation is in “”. My flight level mod values are after the = sign. The Asobo value are behind the first ; The sad truth is “If Asobo only knew what Asobo knows”. Asobo writes correct information into the documentation, but can not apply this know how to their cfg files. I hope XP engineers do a better job! By the way, this is B747-8i MSFS 2020 model.

3 Likes

I don’t think you care to read carefully.
But let me help you increase your care for the aircraft you fly, even if they are GA.

1. You’ve flied 737 for 400 hours.
  2. Most airline jet operations require ATPL.

Then can we draw a conclusion that you are a real pilot with ATPL IRL?

This is EXACTLY what we are saying 450+ posts, but you don’t seem to understand :joy:.

Ok. I give up. You just proved again that you don’t comprehend what you read.

Or you are simply unable to admit that you are wrong.

Whatever it is, you would be really dangerous in any aircraft cockpit, let alone an airliner cockpit.

I honestly feel a bit sorry that you can’t comprehend the basics of crosswind landings. :frowning:

1 Like

Have you tried crabbing in FS2020? I don’t think so, otherwise, you would not wait for 450 posts, you would post a video right on the first one.

This thread ranks at the very top of the truly bizarre things I’ve seen on internet forums. Mere words can’t put this into context.

I just want to say though, thankyou Nijntje91, PZL104 and MorsAbAlto84 for sharing your real world knowledge and insight in all this and providing a voice of reason. I’ve come away from this madness having learnt a few things from you all, so a quick ‘tip hat’ to you. :+1:

I’ve also learnt that what I thought the word ‘humble’ meant all my life was clearly wrong, and has been well and truly torpedoed after seeing it mentioned here.

Quick side question seeing as we’ve now moved onto licences, are Pakistan International Airlines still banned after the whole fraudulent licences thing?

8 Likes

Show me that you comprehend what you read. do you really think landing a 100+ tons aircraft with a side slip is professional? I am glad you have the brains to understand putting 100 tons on a landing gear is heavy duty for any company, who have pilots that don’t understand physics or care to read carefully, left alone thinking that other’s don’t understand.