More Physics, More Real Winds

I have a much simpler solution:

• Release as it is now for XBox and call it as it is called now (actually you might be wondering sometimes if the whole purpose of the early release for PC is not just beta testing for Xbox release).
    → Dumb down (I mean keep the existing) flight model with unreal limitations solely meant to helping people not be surprised an aircraft flies like it is supposed to (re: toning down updrafts Sebastian is repeating in each Q&A), keep the sandbox meant most likely and only to keep DRM hacks away so that the market place, which is central to the product, remains relevant, and let controllers setting meant for XBox first and foremost (both GUI and customization) as it is as well.

• Release another version for PC, call it MFS Pro (dubbed “for simmers”), without all the restrictions there are currently just because they’ve chosen to ship a single code base for both.
    → Example of restriction: not using DirectInput for ForceFeedback (check my post history), Sandboxing preventing in-process DLLs and shielding developers from using the best of your hardware for their addons (video card included), antiquated FS5 area SDK limiting gauges and system creativity* (I can spend a lot of time on this topic alone) and certainly much more but this would warrant a topic in itself.

I find it hard believing in “a simulator for simmers first and foremost” when there are so much product design decision and technologies, let alone messages and Q&A answers, giving the opposite impression. I just hope they’ll prove me 100% wrong and if they do, I’d be the first to apologize for my naysaying.

As for me rubbing my own back moment (@Yeti64 Be Grateful - #121 by Yeti64 :wink: )

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/poi-very-late-rendering-draw-pop-in-solution-for-asobo-to-fix-in-this-thread/368281/69?u=cptlucky8

*to make it clear, the FS2020 SDK for everything visual is great, and the JS/HTML layer is a great idea too. However, the foundations at the core might be new, but they are exposing an FS5 area antiquated interface to it, which begs the question whether it is JS/HTML on top of FSX code and they are building a bridge between FSX core and the JS/HTML layer, therefore perpetuating the very flawed foundations of the FS5 area SDK concepts, or, is the JS/HTLM layer the visible part of a new foundation and simulation layer, with the SDK being the bridge between the older FS5 area APIs and the modern and new underlying architecture. In both case though, they are not offering any SDK access to any new foundations, only to the visible portion and the user facing layer (JS/HTML) and this is key to limiting some of the creativity. Especially more so if Asobo is not told about the very limiting principles inherited from FS5 area SDK. I can’t blame them not knowing and since they are working with aircraft vendors not dealing with these specific questions I’m raising they won’t know either until someone tells them. I can assure you it is not a problem of me trying to tell though… which poses the question again what population of “simmers” do their “for simmers” message is addressed to?

Here is an example you might want to read twice or more:

For the rest of it:
Is MSFS built on FSX? - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

5 Likes