Real world flights

Hey,
Just a quick question. I’ve seen it on YouTube that some channels have planes where they should be in the real world.
Yet if I go to EGLL on FlightTrader24 then EGLL in-game the planes are even not where they should be or just not there at all.

I have Real-time Online turned-on in options. 100% everything.
Is this some kind of mod they might have added for this or something?

The live airport activity works in menu.

Thank you for helping.

1 Like

There is like 10 to 15 minutes delay between flightradar and in game

1 Like

Microsoft Flight Simulator only simulates Live Traffic. It is not designed to be real-time like FlightRadar24, FlightAware, ADS-B Exchange or anything similar. Just as there are differences between MSFS and flying IRL, there are differences between MSFS and tracking aircraft IRL. Also, MSFS ATC (and 3rd party equivalents) only simulates ATC which is VERY different than LiveATC IRL.

Not completely true. The Live Traffic is a subset of the actual live traffic, but, as @patrickb1973 said above, is not quite real time, there is a delay. I’ve watched many actual flights on both MSFS and Flightaware at the same time approach and land as well as takeoff. I fly in the Northeast US and can easily cross-reference to actual flights across many airlines and even private planes. Asobo is working on figuring out why not all flights get tracked, and working on the perfomance hit that Live Traffic can impose.

ATC isn’t necessarily very different for the more mundane VFR flying. For IFR, yeah, it needs tons of improvement.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.