Recent Eurofighter Typhoon Update - Terrible!

I’ve had a love/hate relationship with the Eurofighter Typhoon from Bredok3d @Giovambatt . But for the better part of this year, it was in a position where it was flyable and usable. However, the most recent update (in June, around WUX) has made the steering “RIDICULOUSLY SENSITIVE” such that the plane is unflyable. When I first bought it, it was ridiculously insensitive and handled like a dog back in late 2020. 2021 updates improved it for the better. Before the most recent update, it was in a good place. I really enjoyed flying this in 2022 before the latest update. But the recent update has this unflyable. That is quite disappointing, as that was a “go to” plane when I wanted to get some place fast but still see the area. But it is no longer flyable - wish they could just make it like it was before the most recent update.

Thou shall not buy from Bredok3d.
And yes, get the Tomcat or the Hawk.

2 Likes

You should just do yourself a favor and take some respect for people with other opinions and askings questions properly.
Period.

To be fair, the Typhoon was done really early on and is sometimes really cheap to buy. I made the mistake of purchasing his version of Hamburg airport (if I remember correctly)!.. Wasn’t much better than default scenery and I ended up deleting it. I now have a permanent reminder as it was from the marketplace. I think this guy took a while to figure out how he wanted to make money out of the sim and settled on liveries, which I’m sure he’s good at and there’s a good market for with Xbox. Personally I can forgive losing the money on the airport if he’s learned his limitations and develops at the right pace.

Originally I bought the Typhoon early on during a sale due to YouTube videos because it could go into “space”. That was over a year before the DarkStar, so I originally didn’t purchase it as a serious aircraft. That’s about all it was good for at the time. It was anything but nimble and difficult to land (would not slow down), and had to line up with the runway further back than a 747. That was late 2020 early 2021. Subsequent 2021 updates have really changed it for the better. It no longer went to space, but that got old (plus now we have the Darkstar which actually cruises there, not just gets there) but really liked what the Eurofighter became in Jan - May 2022. Flyable and controllable. Nimble but not too nimble. It worked. Now it is so sensitive with the June 2022 update. It does fly 0.3 mach faster at cruise (2.75 M vs 2.45M at altitude), but that’s not necessary. It is difficult to control and really hard to land - if I’m about to touchdown, but even slightly tweak the steering it will spin a good 10+ degrees and mess up the landing. Even if I get everything right, it will still bounce like a toy on the landing.

I really miss how this flew in Jan - May 2022 before the most recent update. That was the sweet spot for this aircraft.