Recommend a GA aircraft

In which case there is no aircraft in any flight-sim you can possibly fly.

If you believe any PC simulator aircraft in any sim offer “zero-compromise-perfection” you have been conned by clever marketing people.

6 Likes

The Aerosoft CRJ is almost zero-compromise. But of course because of strictest DRM and everything closed-source (they have simply no access to the weather engine) they have no chance to implement a weather radar to fully perfect their precious airplane.

Hi,
You’ll get as many responses as there are aircraft. Each to his own.

My money is on the Cessna 414, and the Cessna Longitude. But that’s just me.

Might do a survey of aircraft with a G1000 in MSFS 2020 and pick from that selection.

As for “not tweaking engines” not sure what you mean by that.

There is a difference between a “game” and a “simulation”.

Although MSFS 2020 is supposed to be a simulation, you can fix the settings for “easy” which takes a lot of the burdens away from those less willing to go for the reality gusto.

If you are looking for less complexity, stay away from constant speed props, retractable gear, multiple engines, cold & dark start ups, etc.

This sim can be made to accommodate you quite easily in those regards.

2 Likes

I already posted earlier, but I must add a Guilty Pleasure - not for everyone - but if you want an envelope that can handle it all from sea level to FL310, eye-watering 8,000 fpm, turboprop responsiveness, plus a great view from the left seat, Vertigo is for you. It’s also a very respectable Touring Machine with a thousand NM range at FL200 and the G3X gives you basic IFR.

4 Likes

At risk here of getting into a semantic off topic discussion about what exactly what zero-compromise means, but there is a lot of relatively minor stuff that is ignored just because there is little or no benefit modelling it. Things like tyre pressures, flat spots on tires with over heavy breaking, bulb failures in various lighting systems, engine torch starts, brakes fading due to overheating, corrosion over time and it’s effects, none of these are modelled.

None of these things really matter and arguable would be a waste of time to include but leaving them out is still a compromise … " no one is going to care about checking tyre pressures so we can leave those out".

The CRJ covers most of the flight related system simulations really well and is an excellent aircraft but that does not make it “zero compromise”.

Only the PSS Boeing 777 was the only airplane ever made with brake temperature, overheating and fading of the brakes when not using thrust reverse. And complete loss of the brakes.

But you made an interesting post because now I start to notice that on all aircrafts no matter how expensive and how “AAA-study-level!”, every single engine detail like handling failures due to engine overstress (hot start, core-lock, flame-out when flying too high, compressor stall when having too high Angle-of-Attack) plus higher vibrations caused by icing in snow and ice-rain conditions, are not modelled either.

Well now I am getting really curious if our two hottest new competitors the oncoming Fenix and PMDG birds will have systems and simulation aspects that go deeper and beyond what we have known so far :wink:

The HotStart CL60 comes pretty close to ‘no-compromise’

1 Like

My present favorite is the Microsoft-Carenado V35B Bonanza.

I have flown it on several local, manual VFR flights and find it to be very pleasant and predictable.

I’ve also flown long GPS, autopiloted trips with full ILS implementations on the distant ends and it has never failed me.

It’s not “study-level”, for sure, but it does offer a nice change from the C172/208, without unduly loading down my system’s GPU/CPU resources.

Also, the price is right!

1 Like