Recommend the best companion apps to use alongside MSFS2020

Navigraph is still in Beta for MSFS 2020 but it is working great and covers the globe using Jeppsen charts. By far the best as you get what you pay for. Works in FSX, X Plane 11.x, and now MSFS 2020. The flight planning is excellent and has moving map resident on your PC as well as a companion app so you can monitor your flight from anywhere you have internet. I sometimes load up a long-haul flight and run some errands all while monitoring the progress on my phone.

2 Likes

Thanks, but I actually ended up subscribing to Navigraph about a month ago. As it costs a monthly subscription I analyzed its worth with a very harsh eye.

I came to the conclusion that I don’t need the default $10/month subscription (Navigraph ultimate), which comes with the Charts program and the FMS data. While the Charts app itself is nicely developed, the monthly fee is too high when free alternatives exist (e.g. SimToolkitPro, LIttle NavMap, and FltPlan Go). Also ChartFox can be used for a majority of the worldwide charts.

It is really nice to have the up-to-date AIRAC though! I used their FMS Data Manager program to update SimToolkitPro, Little NavMap, and SimBrief. Now I can just use SimBrief to create the most sensible route, export to FS2020, and then use SimToolkitPro for live flight tracking!

If I do give Navigraph anymore money it might be for their yearly FMS data subscription ($30/year), but maybe I might be fine with the 2010 AIRAC for awhile. Would love to resubscribe if they lowered the price!

tactile control

tactile control 2
quadrants (android only)

Thanks! I’ve added both of your suggestions.

Flight Share

Very cool FREE add-on emphasizing multi-player flights. Includes mapping, tracking, “move to”, Discord voice chat support, and other goodies. Freestanding program runs from it’s directory- no install or community folder use.

1 Like

Thanks added!

For anyone using an Elgato Streamdeck for added buttons, this add-on is essential… https://github.com/nguyenquyhy/Flight-Tracker-StreamDeck

Thank you for mentioning this!! I didn’t know about Streamdeck and the integration. Just ran out and grabbed one from BestBuy, hooked it up, and it’s totally awesome :+1:t2:

I agree. I use it for all my AP functions. It’s also great for all light toggles and ATC bindings. I can even activate other add on apps from the Stream Deck. Now all we need are event mappings for some of the Garmin controls.

Hi Giovannio4, Are you willing to talk us through how to install and get it going please?

Mine! :grinning: :smile:

[ADDON RELEASE] LetsFly - Flight Planning Utility

It’s a flight planner for the times you ask yourself; Where should I fly today?
I primarily made it for myself but thought others might find it handy as well. I seemed to get stuck doing the same routes all the way back to FSX. Using this I have explored a lot more areas, which is really cool with this amazing scenery.

LetsFly is a simple utility for creating interesting random flight plans using user-defined search parameters. Explore new areas, find a flight within a user defined range, find the shortest grass runway in a location to test your skills. Easily save your favorite flight plans, or get detailed information about the airport including weather.

4 Likes

Great–added!

HI VPA558, have you been able to connect MSFS with FScommander??? Please send me details on how to achieve this… Many thanks in anticipation…

Hi Scotlyn. Do you already have Flightsim Commander? Just need a starting point for the walk through. Thanks

Yes, I have used it for years. I also have fcuip7 loaded. I need help with directory paths I think… thank you very much.

Hi Stu. Seeing that you already own FSC and if you already ran the Database Manager for FSX or FSX Steam, and/or Prepar3d you should be set to go as the same database works for MSFS. Each time you quit MSFS to desk top, you also need to run FSUIPC7 when launching MSFS (not neccessary if you only quit to main menu) Now just connect the FSC GPS to FS. This should now work correctly. I trust this is helpful.

Ah Ha, there is my problem my friend. I have a new computer with no FSX or FSX steam on board. So I need to run database manager just for msfs2020. Is this going to be a problem for me Giovannio??

This looks like a very nice multicrew application, now available for MSFS2020.
http://www.multicrewxp.com/index.html

1 Like

Hi Stu, I tried to find the new simulator path in the Database Manager, but had no luck. Unless you are willing to re-install FSX this will remain a problem. May I suggest you try Little Navmap, which is a comprehensive Flight Planning and moving map application (and more). Regards