Recommendations for decent small plane

Just do the tbm with that one mod until the atr’s comes out next year if you need good payware the Islander is super good along with the f14

SR-22 with NXi is awesome now since Asobo tweaked the performance numbers - it acts like the FAA high-performance airplane it’s supposed to be - 180 kts, 310 HP.

Bonanaza B36 with Robert Young’s Turbo Mod and NXi - an absolute cruiser at 205-210 kts; make sure you raise the cowl flaps to get that last 5 knots.

C172 G1000 with Tommymxr’s JT-A mod - a 172 that actually moves because it’s a turbo-diesel engine - no messing about with mixture; easily 120+ kts plus 17-18,000 max ceiling. The NXi works well for navigation and most MFD functions. It needs a modded system page for the engine info, but everything is functional.

2 Likes

Thank you everybody for all the recommendations!

Theres some great tweaks of Asobo planes on flightsim.to , really worth it and of course they cost nothing :slight_smile:

This one screams! Its based on a real plane too. Absolute beast but not a plane for STOL into rough strips

2 Likes

C-152 with the mod is a wonderful aircraft, and it is free.

1 Like

The 152 is fantastic.

98% of my flying in MSFS is done with this (Under both VFR and IFR)…

A good autopilot is subjective matter. It’s not that the JF Arrows III has a bad one but it is as basic as it gets with just heading available, which is fine if you are properly trimmed and have one eye on the screen but e.g. sneaking off for a quick bath is liable to see you in hot water!

The 152 mod has an AP if you desire to use it.

I do … at bath times :wink:

As do I (typically when I have my hands full like when eating something). I don’t understand why you quoted me though.

Whoops! … I must be getting old, it was meant for the topic.

1 Like

No worries, hehe.

1 Like

I am pretty fond of the game’s 172 as well.

Don’t say game around here mate or you’ll probably get shot down :wink:

@KatanaDV20 thanks for posting C172 tail dragger mod … gonna take a look at it…

Oh yea check it out its really great to take into bush strips! Some really talented modders out there!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.