Redefining keyboard bindings

Hi folks,
So, I’m trying to maximize the use of my keyboard. For fast and easy execution of commands that I find suitable.

I started out with looking for external info on the default setup. Wasn’t hard to find online (thanx to all the contributors out there. Amazing people)

I imported this to an Excel sheet to make my job easier (Sort, Find, Arrange etc.).

Two Questions has come to light doing this:

1. This is sort of old school approach. Is there any API, external program able to read the file containing default/custom keyboard assignments?

2. I am in the process of verifying the external (keyboard assignment) file with the actual keypresses when inside MSFS.
    And I found something odd when looking at the “HOME” key.
    It has some interesting combinations:

HOME+CTRL => Camera AI Player (Category:Camera)
CTRL+HOME => Increase Autopilot Reference VS (Category:Autopilot)
CTRL+HOME => Increase Autopilot N1 Reference (Category:Autopilot)

Can someone confirm that the sequence in the first one should be CTRL+HOME? HOME+CTRL is simply wrong?
And that the second and third is just sloppy, having both these commands assigned to this key combination? Nothing special going on here?

This frustration aside, MSFS is just everything I dreamed of back in the 90’ :slight_smile:

Morten

As far as i know and can see.
CTRL+HOME combination is both an increase of a knob this could be possible if there is a pre-select of a keypress to activate n1 or vs
In that way you can use it for multiple dialknob with only one combination because they are bassicaly the same ( to increase something)
Now on the other hand HOME+CTRL is different in following order so yeah it make sense that this could be a complete different function.
And the first pressed is dominant

Actually if you have an old but still working keyboard it is woth it to take it apart, get the carbon of with sandpaper and then solder wire on these contact points and hook it up to a breadboard to see how these combinations work.

!!! WARNING !!! Do At Your Own Risk :warning:
It is even possible to hook some switches to them and even attach leds to it when connected to some battery.

But the leds are dangerous because when wrong connected i mean like a loop, (two switches may when used can create a loop or link back to the port of your computer,
than the current can flow into the computer usb or ps port, and destroy your mainboard or maybe even set your psu on fire.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.