Refund on DLC

Does anyone know how or if you can get a refund on DLC purchased through the marketplace? I purchased the new Eurofighter Typhoon yesterday and in my opinion it is awful! It does not come even close to the level of official planes. I recently purchased the MB-339 for my first jet and it is a fantastic product but the Eurofighter is not. I falsely believed that because Microsoft allowed it onto the marketplace that it would meet their standards but I was wrong. The plane is horribly optimized, looks like a toy plane inside the cockpit and many of the switches and controls don’t work. I cruise along nicely at 60fps in my MB-339 and crash to 19-20 fps in the Eurofighter.

13 Likes

They are called Add-ons in the flights sim community, not the DLC. And I don’t believe there’s any way to get a refund. It’s extremely dependent on the seller so I would contact them. Usually they are sold as is no refunds.

1 Like

Have you looked from there ?

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015885580-Refund-Cancellations-

2 Likes

I regret to inform you , but I think your chances of getting a refund are very slim .

Under European law , as regards digital downloads , you are only entitled to a refund, once you have NOT downloaded the content / activated a " key " .

This rule applies to games / music / DLCs etc .

I have recent experience with this rule , when I accidentally double clicked a purchase button for a game on a certain " game key " website .

I informed the website customer care by email, of my mistake ,and that I had not downloaded the content or activated the game key . I received a refund a short time later .

Thanks for the replies. I have little faith I’m getting a refund for this plane. Lesson learned. Now Microsoft will get less money from me because I no longer trust the quality of the products they are willing to put on their marketplace.

10 Likes

view the ingame marketplace like the Apple Appstore or Google Play store. There’s no quality control, apart from the partners having to be approved before they can sell via the marketplace.

Always look for reviews before making a purchase (which is good advise in general).

2 Likes

It’s sad really. I downloaded the Savage Cub Carbon which is freeware and is a high quality product which the creator should be charging money for yet the paid content on the marketplace can’t be trusted.
At least the free one makes up for the paid one. Always a glass half full.

1 Like

There has been a thread on this pile of junk for months. Unfortunately, it’s not that much better now than when it first came out, but it was REALLY a circus when it was first released. If you can believe it, the cockpit quality was even worse. I don’t think this thing will ever be good - this aircraft is obviously developed for people who just want to zoom around and don’t care about anything close to realistic simulation of anything close to the real Typhoon. It’s a shame. At least IndiaFoxtEcho will probably release theirs at some point, which will be close to the real thing.

1 Like

Unfortunately for marketplace purchases the team are typically unable to refund the purchase as it deals directly with the third party. I would attempt to contact the third party for a refund. I’ve also made the CM team aware of the recent sentiment on the poor quality of this particular add on.

6 Likes

Make sure that you provide an appropriate star rating, to assist any unwary potential buyers that haven’t seen this or the other not-very-complementary thread.

Any developer that consistently gets very low star ratings for their products should, if people check them out, struggle to sell anything.

4 Likes

there should be some kind of time trial for planes, like 2 hours or something.
after the trial popup : like it? buy / dont like it : uninstall

8 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean with that statement. I purchased this plane from the Marketplace through steam and steam won’t refund the game claiming that I have to speak to Microsoft. It’s not even about the refund. It’s about trust in your products you are putting on the marketplace. I expect Microsoft to ensure that EVERY plane they put on their marketplace meets at least the standard that their official planes meet. I need to trust in your marketplace that I’m not getting scammed by a quick sale content creator. I wasn’t expecting a study sim plane here, I just want to know it will meet the MSFS2000 level of quality.

5 Likes

I expect the same you do. I’m a player, and to be clear I do not work for MS or Asobo. As far as I’m aware, and according to the Zendesk article linked above and quoted here: “Please be aware that the Microsoft Flight Simulator team is not equipped to handle requests regarding the Microsoft Store and Steam account & billing systems. This includes purchases made on the Microsoft Store, Steam, and via the Marketplace.”

After purchasing this product I was equally dismayed with it.

1 Like

Very difficult to implement with digital products. An unscrupulous individual might buy such a product, and ask for a refund and simply keep it installed or possibly sell or distribute it to others.

I really cannot see what the Technical issues could be, with a 3rd part developer , with a product on the MarketPlace, issuing a Refunds.

Seems very simple, and MSFS checks and authenticates each time you start it.

A purchaser, should be able to request a REFUND within a reasonable time, that it takes to evaluate the product, and if the request a refund, the License /Authentication is removed from their account, and then they get their Money back from the developer.

Either that, or the developer should offer an Evaluation version of their Plane, that will say, only function within a small specified area.

Bottom line, if a user purchases a product, based on it unseen, based on an advertised description, which later proves to be that they purchased a product which fails to meet expectations, they should be able to get a refund, provided the seller can ensure that the user cannot continue to use that product, without “consideration” to the seller.

5 Likes

And if the server connection is down or you want to play offline, then none of your aircraft are available. Not a good solution.

1 Like

That is not something you nor I can answer. I have no knowledge of what issues (technical, legal, feasibility, etcetera…) are presented for refunds.

That’s the case now in any case, and if the server is down, it ideally SHOULD still allow the game to run, but only for a limited time/days, before a check is REQUIRED, for the game to run any longer.

Maybe, and I am sure that you and I do not have all the Answers, but we certainly can have QUESTIONS, and submit our preferences and concerns.

At the end of the day, Its a BUYERS Market …

Is it? There must be a reason why none of these solutions have been implemented in a business that has been around for decades.