Regression - clicking outside the window registers as a click in MSFS again

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Erlier there was a “bug” that when I clicked outside of the MSFS window (eg. on secondary display) it registered as a click inside, clicking switches, opening windows etc. Somehow it returned, now again when I click outside the window it opens for example the Kodiak’s little window.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Look at the little window’s highlight, even though the mouse cursor is on another screen, the little window gets highlighted and when I click outside it is opened

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight, move the camera so something clickable is at the border, then click outside the window, it will register as click inside the window clicking the clickable stuff.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

What’s relevant is I have 2 displays side-by-side in landscape orientation. I usually play on the right and have stuff like charts on the left.

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

dx11

Are you using DLSS?

no, AMD gpu

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Play in Fullscreen Mode, move your mouse to an other monitor on the left/right side of the MSFS-Window. If you click anything there the mouse click will also be registered on the far end of the msfs window, which could result in a unwanted click in the cockpit on any button.

dx12

Are you using DLSS?

no

Yes

Same issue with the Kodiak 100. Click on the secondary window, opens the little window on the pilot side.

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

Yes

After significant testing and comparisons it appears my issues may have been related to a third party add on (I know the bane of a devs existence). Problem seems to have been with an outdated version of MiniFCUs data link software. Will continue to monitor and will advise if the issue reoccurs.

Our team has tested this with no repro on the current released Beta build. They clicked on a second screen (to the right) that had a non-sim related app open and it did not register as a click in MSFS.

If there are any further information please let us know.

Happens al lot with me. I am using three screens. If I click on the upper right screen where my navigraph is it often clicks on a button in my overhead screen wich is on my main monitor. Using mostly fenix aircraft. Really annoying is this.

I have this happen all the time. Basically, the sim will keep a button on the cockpit “highlighted” based on where your mouse position was before it left the MSFS screen. When you click something on your other screen it registers as a click. However, if you click on the window of the app you want to interact with first this issue doesn’t occur.

I use the sim in windowed mode, if it helps.

Yes I have this exact issue described. The item that is last highlighted in blue gets the focus and gets the click - but if you set the focus to a new window by selecting the window first - the click is not processed.

Wondering if related to this issue

1 Like

Sadly I still have this issue. I hope they fix it before they release SU15