Reinstall help, please

And we are back at it again. Just trying to get my money back for this worthless software that I can never keep running. Never had a problem with any other game like this including older versions of MSFS.

Well just to add my comments I have had the same problems for the last three days have tried all the suggestions and nothing works. Initially I could not run the program after the latest hotfix even though I could see it installed and both the store and xbox menus showed it as availble to run!!!. Eventually I took the uninstall option as I thought this may clear it (albeit with another 127gb install) but now I cant install and just get the 0x80070424 message. Have raised a support ticket as am at a loss what to try next.

I have been flight simming for many years and come from an IT programming background. This is the first time I have purchased anything from the Microsoft Store and will be the last. The Sim itself is excellent but the install update process is truly awful. I also have spent on addons which at the moment are usless as is the sim.

For the past fortnight I’ve been trying to reinstall MSFS to no avail. I’ve had looping, failure to decompress, you name it. Support was no help whatsoever, just advised me to use a VPN, disable virus protection, blah, blah blah.
Well, this morning, after yet another failed attempt, (I’ve lost count of how many, but probably about 40 or 50), I bit the bullet and reset Win 11, keeping my files.

I then reinstalled MSFS without installing my antivrius, and…it workd like a charm! A faultless install. I know it’s a pain to reset Windows, but, really, I think it’s thew only way.